FS '62 Gillette Slim Adjustable *DONE*

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by sacmore21, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacmore21

sacmore21 New Member

Up for sale is an H3 slim. There's a story that goes along with this, so I'll try to make it brief. I got the razor as part of a lot of razors. It cleaned up very nicely, but when I made the adjustments, I didn't know what they were supposed to do, so I didn't know how to tell if it was actually adjusting. When I found out what it was supposed to do, I then noticed that the blade was held at a slight angle to the safety bar, although the razor shaved fine. I thought I already had a fat boy, so the other day on ebay I bid on what I thought was a slim. I received it yesterday, and come to find out, I already had a slim all along, and what I still needed was a fat boy. So, now I don't need two slim adjustables, since I already have two other super adjustables. If I had actually gotten a fat boy, I would probably just keep this one.

So, here's the deal. The safety bar is slightly off center, so it does not hold the razor blade completely flat. The dial and silo doors both twist and open. I have tried to take some pictures to illustrate the imperfection. The razor does definitely shave. There are some slight scratches in the silo doors, and a very minor amount of brassing on one of the safety bars.

I want to be as accurate as possible, since the razor is obviously sold as is, and I want the buyer to be completely aware of what they are getting, which is a slightly imperfect slim adjustable. Again, I've included some pictures to try and illustrate it.

The cost is $20 in the CONUS only, which includes shipping. Paypal only. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me, as I will be happy to anwer any questions. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I have a slim with the exact same defect.. IMO not a good shaver.. More a unpredicable scraper.. But thats me..
    I would recommend all with the intention of using this razor to stay away.. Sorry But it is unusable..

3. sacmore21

sacmore21 New Member

I would also be willing to trade this razor for a fat boy in good condition, which is what I was trying to get the first time. PM me with offers.

4. sacmore21

sacmore21 New Member

Last Chance!

This is the final opportunity to pick up this razor.

I will take $15, a trade for a fatboy, or possibly if you have some new creams laying around (especially if there are still a couple of tubs of CE sweet almond).

If no response by end of the day, then it's going on ebay. Thanks.

5. sacmore21

sacmore21 New Member

bumped to ebay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.