FS - 8/8 Henckels Friodur Worked-back Spanish Point *SOLD*

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Padron, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padron

Padron Active Member

This one is SOLD, Thanks TSD! :)

Here's another for your consideration:

A 8/8 Stainless Steel, Henckels Friodur Worked Back Spanish Point, this one came to me used and the scales are a bit rough.

I love the Friodurs and think the Stainless steel is really great. I have several of these razors, but this one wasn't getting as much use as the others......:(

Scales near the wedge are a bit rough and appear to be sanded as there is some scratches both outside the wedge and inside above the wedge, there is also a very small nick in the wedge. These scales may have come from another razor, but I am not sure as I don't know the history........Blade is centered and opens and closes properly.

The issues around the wedge are more of a cosmetic nature and do not affect the performance of the blade at all......I was going to have this one re-scaled and never got around to it. :o

Blade does show a little hone wear but not too much as seen in the first picture,.......... the reverse side shows little to no hone wear.

This one does have a tiny chip near the heel and will require a bit of work on the hones.

Asking $140.00 Shipped USPS Priority Mail, PayPal Only.....No E-checks please. CONUS Only for tracking purposes.

Thanks for looking :),

Neale

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please PM me with any questions.

2. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

wonderful!

3. RayG

RayG New Member

Nice razor.

My guess is the spacer was filed down - there was a post about this in another forum sometime back. Apparently, the 8/8 razors sold by one vendor were too large for the generic scales used, and the tip would contact the spacer on closing.

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Yes,

It could be Ray, I have been watching these since they were initially offered for sale in the US and don't remember seeing them offered with the red scales...it is a nice blade and I am kind of having second thoughts :o.....but I have a few friodurs now.

But, I do think your right....someone has re-scaled this blade....too bad it wasn't a really good job.

Great shavers IMHO :)

5. djm

djm New Member

Likely it is the original scales... the vendor that Ray had referred to has one up on his site right now (granted, it is a plain back square point) with those exact red scales...

6. jwoods

jwoods New Member

Padron you really know how to display a razor, Every one i have seen you sell has been displayed professionally and tastefully.

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Very kind of you to say John, thanks :happy005

8. Another lovely blade but you need to work on your nails ;)

9. mezz524

mezz524 New Member

what a great looking razor
    come on guys someone does not
    need a great razor

10. Padron

Padron Active Member

Haha Lee, yes....they are a bit rough, no hand model here..... that's for sure :o....I work with my hands a lot and find if I keep my nails too long they get dirt, grass...oil / grease...Yard work and car work can get them pretty messy.....I wiped out last week on the inline skates and ripped up a couple fingers pretty good and got some road rash :o

All in good fun ;)

Are you ready to add a Friodur to your collection? :)

11. You are an evil man tempting me as such but I have been adding to my neglected fly fishing gear lately so I must pass at the moment with much regret. Your offerings are always highly regarded.

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

Haha, sorry bro....:)

Yea, I have been missing the fly fishing gear shots, I really liked the new reel and that sweet net you scored :drool :drool :drool :happy005

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

This one is SOLD, Thanks TSD! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.