FS - Bigelow Bay Rum, V2 SS

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Dr. Mike, May 1, 2009.

1. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

A few more things on the chopping block.

First, I am relisting the V2 1975 black handle superspeed that I had posted a couple weeks ago. Price for that is $12. It is in really nice condition, mechanically flawless, only some waterspots on the head.

Next, a satin-finish Merkur Futur. I tried this one again, but it just doesn't work for me, even though I love the razor. I bought this off of a guy at SMF for $45. It has some cosmetic blemishes - I don't know how to describe it, like the satin-finish has become worn - on the top of the head and the underside of the head. No plate loss, mechanically perfect, head snaps in nice and firm. Great razor, if you like bigger ones. I'll sell it for $40. SOLD

I love the Bigelow Bay Rum cologne, but never wear it any more. I have a bottle that is still half full. It sells for $40. I'll let this go for $20.

Razors can go anywhere, but the bay rum is CONUS only, for obvious reasons. Shipping for the razors is $2 each CONUS, $4 each outside. Shipping for Bay Rum is $4. Buy all 3, and shipping is free (CONUS only). Buy any two and the second item ships for just $1 more.

No pics right now, but I can take some tonight if you would like them. I always offer full refund (including the cost to ship it back to me) if you get it and think that my description was inaccurate. No questions asked, but I do ask that you return it immediately, without use.

I would also be open for a trade - I'm looking for a Merkur HD or Barberpole. No Slants.

Paypal only.

Thanks,

Mike

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

That is probably the cheapest price that I have seen on a Futur... very very tempting.... must resist RAD.....

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Don't resist.... buy the thing already... You know you want it send the Pm now.:cool:

4. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

It is the cosmetic blemishes alone. Otherwise it is just fine.

Incidentally, I am going to amend the OP to say that I would also be up for a potential trade for another razor. Depending on what is offered and what the individual wants, I could do trade + cash to make up the difference.

I would like a Merkur - either an HD or a Barberpole. I would do a straight across trade between the Futur and the Barberpole.

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yeah I know I want it. I also know I have Mother's day and anniversary coming up in the next three weeks.

Somebody needs to help me out and buy it before I get myself in trouble. :D

6. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Give her the gift that every woman wants - a clean-shaven, good smelling man! The way I see it, that way you both win!

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Now THAT is a sales pitch. Bravo Dr. Mike..Bravo.

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

But see... I am already applying that logic to justify the bulldog mastiff handle... :happy102

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Just put your foot down and show her who is Boss... I did that... of course I got kicked out and divorced.. But she knew who was boss.:rolleyes:

10. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

PM sent on the Futur. Sorry boys. Shuda pulled the trigger.

11. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

congrats Shep. I was there and finger was on the trigger, I just couldn't part with the HD.

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

There you go Shep.. Good man 1000 cool points.<CLICK>

13. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

And the Futur will be continuing its journey tomorrow to Arizona!

Superspeed and Bigelow Bay Rum still available. The Bay Rum is very nice - it actually lasts all day on me. It is a more complex, warmer Bay Rum, with more spice to it. Nice stuff! It just doesn't get used as much with the TOBS Mr. Taylor I have, and the billion samples I got from Olafurson. And I have a bottle of Speick cologne coming my way from my mother for my birthday!

I'll throw in a pack of Astra Superior Platinum blades with the Superspeed, and a shave cream sample of your choice.

14. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Alright, I'd like to finally sell the Superspeed, so here is a deal:
    Buy both the cologne and the Superspeed, and the total cost, with shipping CONUS, is $30. That will include a pack of Astra Superior Platinum blades, and I will also include a couple more cologne samples - I'll let you pick, but I do have a sample of the Diptyque Tam Dao, Creed Millesime Imperial, almost all of the T&H colognes, and several others.

PM me if you are interested!

15. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

And another bump.

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

May I have your attention please... THESE NEED TO BE BOUGHT TODAY PEOPLE...that is allhow is that for a BUMP

17. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Actually, fuzzy, these are gone - I traded them to Olafurson for a Merkur HD. Sorry, I didn't update it yet - it happened late last night.

Thanks for having my back, though.:D

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Sure.. glad you unload......errrrr traded them off.:D