FS: Canadian Military Tech - Collector grade **SOLD**

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by rodd, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I need to raise some money so I am going to have to let go of the set featured in this thread. A good friend at B&B helped me price it, and I will be asking [slash]$200[/slash] $170 for it including shipping. I will not pretend it is mint, obviously it has the serial number of the cadet it was issued to written on the front and back. ;) The razor is in amazing condition, the blade case seems kind of dull next to the razor, so I am not sure if the blade case is original or not. The Mirror which is hidden inside a pocket in the case still has the protective paper. The adhesive has gone bad with age, so the paper is loose, but everything is there. Achim says that judging by the head of the razor this could be dated to 1938-1941.

Please PM me with any questions or interest. Otherwise enjoy the pictures of this piece of military history!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All pictures taken under today's morning light, the only editing was cropping the pictures.

2. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Is that price in Canadian funds?? :D

3. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Rodd,thats a BEAUTIFUL tech and looks pristine.Somebody is gonna be happy with it.

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Thanks guys, sorry US funds. ;)

For those who would be interested in some history of the razor I just found some awesome information. I found out that you can search WWI Canadian records, and I searched by the Regimental number written on the case and I now have some history to offer. This razor belonged to Edward C Godfrey, who was born 8-14-1892, and joined the Canadian Overseas Expeditionary Force on 12-14-14

You can actually see his attestation form here!
    Front
    Back

5. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Wow that is cool. It would be great to print that attestationon some nice card stock paper and display it with the razor!

6. Moe

Moe Active Member

I swear on a stack of Merkur blades that I am the long lost relative of Edward C Godfrey, and am so happy you have finally found our family heirloom, and ask that you kindly return the razor to our family, for free of course, we will however offer to pay for shipping ;)

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

:) That is fantastic! Unfortunately all but $5 of the price goes to shipping and packaging, DesMoines is over 2 hours away afterall. ;)

8. Moe

Moe Active Member

I didn't figure that would work.....................:happy097

9. white_feather

white_feather Active Member

If I had 200 beans I would snap this up in a heartbeat.

10. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Just wondering Rodd. The regimental number of 80031 was indeed assigned to this Godfrey fellow - in World War 1. The razor you are offering though would have been issued to soldiers prior to, or during WW2. I don't see that the same regimental number would have carried forward a quarter century to still be relevant. If indeed Godfrey decided after his tour overseas to become a career soldier, he would likely have a different identifier by WW2. Don't ya think? Is it possible this is a WW1 case?

11. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I assumed that this was a unique identifier, but I don't know for sure. I will see what I can find out.

edit: Joining a Canadian military forum to ask, waiting on approval, but in the meantime, it is now $180.

Edit again, my membership at the other forum hasn't been approved, but it sounds like you are right about the numbers being re-issued.

I apologize for the mis-information.

So, unfortunately, I once again don't know who this belonged to, but for $180 it can belong to you!

12. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

$175.

13. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

I had to drop in for another peek! This really is great kit!

14. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

how about $170?

15. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

$160

16. roygbiv

roygbiv New Member

Current

I wonder - What does the military current assign as shaving gear? Do they hand out a pack of disposable Gillette Mach III heads?

m

17. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I don't know for sure, but I think that now soldiers need to supply their own stuff.

This razor is now sold. I am going to miss it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.