FS Georgetown Pottery Scuttle *SOLD*

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by TOB9595, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Well, I'm going to use V1 until the revisions are made. Then I'll sell it on the forums and get V2. :D

2. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

If Georgetown left them as is I would think it's the best there is.
    With the progressions it will be EVEN better.
    I think the one we have is V2
    The first design, V1, was smaller
    Second design, V2, was deeper, had the lip and ridges in the lather bowl.

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Ooooh. Thats sure is nice. Maybe I can assemble a makeshift scuddle from parts at the Christmas tree shops?

4. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Can you keep us up to date with this Tom its looks Fantastic one reason I dont have a scuttle is why have it when I gotta hold it in my hand, if this baby is so big and heavy ill most certainly get V2 and get rid of my soup bowl, Warm Lather is da bomb...

ps

Id advice def. to use it with pouring Boiled tea water in it HOT Lather even better....

5. cowboy5192

cowboy5192 New Member

TOB9595 (Tom)

Great revision on the spout. I had ordered a scuttle last week and talked to Lori this morning and she will revise my order to make sure mine has a spout. The raising of the inner bowl will most likely will not occur until the mold is made.

Also for those who use a lather bowl for soaps, you can order their custard bowl or special order a lather bowl with ridges in the same glaze as your scuttle.

6. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

PLEASE post pictures of the 'new and improved' scuttle.

If I call and order the revision, do I just refer to it as "the shave den scuttle?"

7. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

This is a work in progress and if you describe what you want..Spout...and raised 1/2 inch they will know what you're talking about.
    I think this scuttle is a lot of fun for them as they had no idea that wetshaving has a name let alone a following. And the number of phone calls they get on this is amazing.

Matt over on B&B was the first to start the scuttle...then Jeff (owner of Georgetown Pottery) has taken this product quite seriously to make the best he can. I and many others have spoken with him and educated Jeff on what we are looking for in an ideal scuttle..
    I think the NEXT generation(V3) will have it nailed and they will make molds and be able to offer them as a permanent part of their line.
    Jeff is NOT a wetshaver and doesn't see/understand our fascination with it.

I'll be chatting with Jeff in a few weeks to see how they're doing on the spout and raised bottom.
    I also spoke with him about having more black in the glaze. Their usual ratio is 2/3 blue and 1/3 black.
    I'd like to have more black on mine..
    here's a pic of the blue one that I had.
    [​IMG]
    See what I mean about more black?
    Like all things this is a very personal preferance.

The benefits of THE GEORGETOWN SCUTTLE are:
    - Keep a brush and lather warm throughout a shave
    - lather bowl. Make lather in this or park the brush
    - ridges in lather bowl to aid in lather making
    - a bowl within a bowl that holds water surrounding the lather bowl. a fill spout that is small (not a major part of the focus of the scuttle) yet is easy to fill and empty
    - handle. I like it cause I hold it using the handle on occasion
    - weighty enough to sit it on a counter and make lather having the bowl stay in place just on the weight of the bowl.
    - attractive
    - handmade is a bonus to me..I just prefer it..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.