FS - Gillette 'NEW' style safety razor *SOLD*

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Bronco, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

**Sold** Thanks for the help everyone!Vintage 'NEW' Gillette style safety razor, gold color, solid handle with lengthwise slots and ball end. 1930's era. Bottom blade holder was slot running across, top blade holder has bar that sets in to the slot. Pat Nos. 1815745 - 1858316, Reissue No. 17567. Nice collectible razor. a few scratches, no visable plating loss. Ultrasonically cleaned. I'll throw in a case that I threw some felt in because there was "nothing" inside but some rusty metal. $15 shipped CONUS. PM if interested.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Will

Will Nevermind

WoW!

Caught me at a tough time to buy stuff Steve.

3. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Is this between "New" and "Tech"?

4. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Yes. :D
    It gets so confusing, The "new" Gillette and the Gillette "new". This ball handle is probably from the early to mid 1930's. 3.25 inches tall. A couple of others may chime in if they catch this thread. :D

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Monday bump.

6. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Price reduced to $15 shipped CONUS.

7. tsv

tsv New Member

The handle is actually a Tech handle, but the head is certainly a New. This is actually the type of FrankenTech I was thinking of building. I'm going to use a Star DE handle though. This combo ought to be a great razor. The New Ball handles are prone to cracking.

8. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I stand corrected! Thanks for the help!

9. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

TSV is correct — this is a mismatch, an Aristocrat handle with a late 30's NEW head. There was a ball handled NEW but it wasn't shaped like this. Here's a ball handled NEW and here's an Aristocrat.

This has short teeth making it late 30's, the last version of the NEW made. It looks like an Aristocrat case but I can't be sure. NEWs normally came in a cardboard box.

I used to collect NEWs having a dozen at one point. I had a mismatch just like this one; the Aristocrat and regular Tech handles are better than the NEW ball handles. This should be an excellent shaver well worth $15 but it's really not a collectible.

Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.