FS: Herberz #14 blade in lacewood **SOLD**

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by moviemaniac, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Hi guys!

I am selling this wonderful, smooth shaver. It's made in Solingen for the Spanish market and features a #14 blade - the ones the Filarmonicas are famed for. I actually sold off my Filarmonica #14 once and kept this one because it was an even better shaver with a finer ground, very, very hollow and thin blade. The thinness of the blade was also why I didn't want to polish the blade upon restoration - taking more material away could damage the performance.

The blade is not TOO big - it's between 6/8 and 7/8 wide and a very fine shaver - it's right up there with the best Filys. The very nice lacewood scales are a perfect fit and keep the blade nicely balanced. Yes, there are scratch marks on the blade to be seen on the photo and it is not in mint condition but it looks better in reality than on the pics which tend to accentuate the grooves. The back of the blade is in near mint condition so it can serve many many years with repeaded rehonings - it has a long lifespan left.

I am asking 130 USD (payable via paypal or by bank transfer within the EU) shipped worldwide by recorded mail for this wonderful shaver. I measured its worth by comparing it to similar razors selling for 200+USD which may have a shinier blade but standard scales - this one has the added bonus of the handcrafted wooden scales so I think the price is more than reasonable.

pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks for looking,
    Klaus

2. mgarbell

mgarbell New Member

Very nice looking razor. Good luck with the sale!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.