FS - Mystery Box?????? WITHDRAWN

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Dr. Mike, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Alright, I have had an epiphany. I am doing the mother of all downsizings (at least for me). I have decided on a few core items that I want to keep, and the rest are more novelty - I like them, but just don't go for them as much. Don't misunderstand me - I have already whittled my collection down just to the things that work for me, so these aren't crap I don't want anymore. I just have decided I don't need this much different stuff, and these are the ones being neglected. I'm going to keep it a mystery, but here is a general inventory:

3 different shave creams - All are better than 50% full, some used <10X
    3 different shave soaps - 2 are triple milled, one is glycerin-based. One is about 1/2 full, the other two have only been used 5X or less.
    A variety of aftershaves and colognes - some are decants, a few are the full bottle, better than 90% full. I will also include a variety of cologne samples, some that get very high remarks.
    1 cased Gem Micromatic - based on what I found, I believe it is a 1929 model, closed comb (I believe it is a clog pruf one). The case is a brown plastic/bakelite case, with two slots where originally you stored new and used blades. 3 small holes were drilled in the side of the case for what I believe was a rudimentary security system (PM me for details). The razor opens and closes smoothly, is very shiny, no obvious blemishes except for some light scratching on the head, I'm assuming from normal use. No plate loss.

I did an estimate, as best I could, of what this would all come to, retail, and my best guess is, without the razor, ~$146. I have discounted several of the items to take into account how much is left, and for those items that I received as a gift from others, I am not considering them in the asking price - basically included for free, with the exception that, due to their weight, they will add to cost of shipping.

This is going to be a VERY heavy box, and due to the colognes and aftershaves, I'm afraid it is going to have to remain a CONUS only sale.

Total price, including shipping, is $85. Paypal only.

PM me for questions, or if you are interested.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Copycat...

BTW Grab bags go rather fast here. :cool:

3. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Where do you think I got my inspiration from?:D Besides, isn't imitation the highest form of flattery?

4. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

How much just for the Proraso Red? Can you ship to Instanbul or Antartica? Rumor circulating that there is a tub of the infamous Coates Lime in there? Just busting your balls! Good luck and some lucky chap will have a very nice collection on their hands!

5. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Nah, I am keeping my stockpile of Coates Lime - hell, I have enough stored up, I can bathe in it (actually, that might work better than shaving with it:happy102).

As for the Proraso Red, for you, Shawn, I'll give you a special deal. $100 for the tube, plus shipping (~$50, I'll wrap it in silk).:happy102

6. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Now there's a deal!:happy102

7. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Reminder bump that the Proraso Red is only available with this if you buy it by midnight tonight!

8. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Box still available, Proraso Red isn't.

9. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Bump and price reduction - $85 shipped anywhere CONUS.

10. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

I'm going to break this up, as there has been 0 interest in this box.

Withdrawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.