FS - Rooney 1/2 in Super, Faux horn handle *SOLD*

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Dr. Mike, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Pictures of the brush can be seen in this review I did for the QEDSelect brush: http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?ltr=Q&t=10274

It is a great brush - I estimate I've had it about a year. It has gotten a good amount of use, but still in great condition. This is a dense, firm brush. It will work for both soaps and creams, but I originally got it mainly for soaps, at which it excels. I have since moved to mostly creams and soap sticks. I'm preferring my QEDSelect, and I hate to see a brush this nice sitting there.

This brush has lost a total of maybe 4-5 hairs. It does not shed. The size is great. It holds an incredible amount of water. It is really a nice brush. I will clean it up with the method described on Em's Place's website before I send it out. I still have the original red box it came in when I bought it from Jim at Vintage Blades.

I'll sell it for $80 shipped anywhere CONUS. If you are outside of CONUS, PM me, and we can negotiate an appropriate shipping price.

Payment is by paypal.

Dr. Mike

2. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Bumpity bump!

I'll toss in a slightly used (~3X) Erasmic shave stick. This is a tallow-based one.

3. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Man, the shave economy has slowed down. Maybe I'll have to apply for a government bailout for my Rooney. I could convince them I am too big to fail (but I have been trying to lose weight). Do you think the taxpayers would want a 60% stake in my shave brush? It is good for the environment - using the brush prevents me from using canned goo, which may have harmful propellants and the metal cans would just fill landfills.

Sorry, didn't mean to bring politics into this!:D

Oh, and bump by the way!:D

4. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

:signs083

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

These are super brushes. This was my first "good" brush!

6. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Thanks, Steve.

He is right, this is a very nice brush. It still has great backbone - I had Jim at Vintage Blades select one with a little shorter loft, so it would be firmer, and excellent at picking up soap. This is about as far from floppy as I have ever used.

I am not really inclined to lower the price, but if you think you have a way to convince me to drop it a little, I am willing to entertain your idea.

Mike

7. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Pending

8. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Nevermind. Still available.

9. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

10. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Bump

Price dropped to $75 shipped CONUS

11. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

I'm really surprised this brush is still available! I've never seen a brush of this quality and type last for so long.

12. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Things really seem to be moving much slower lately. I was surprised by this as well. I've had a few people express interest, and then back out.

I just gave it a shampoo last night, and the thing is now incredibly soft again. I bought it back when I had moved almost exclusively to soaps. Now, other than a few shave sticks, I'm mainly a cream man, and I prefer my QEDSelect for them.

Of the higher end brushes (Simpson, Shavemac, Rooney), I prefer the Rooney. I tried a Simpson Chubby 1 in best (pre-Vulfix), a Shavemac silvertip, and this guy, and I preferred it to those.

13. PM Sent with question.

14. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

15. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

:happy096

So ends the epic Rooney sale of 2009. Almost as epic as the Irish Moos buy of 2008...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.