FS: Single Ring Travel set, Milady Decolletee

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Jake, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Here are 2 rarely seen sets for your den collections and likely use. If interested, please send a PM. Payment via Paypal. Prices quoted include USPS priority mail shipping within the USA. To other countries, please ask.

1st up is this very unusual singe ring Old Type Gillette in a soft and very clean leather travel case, along with 2 blade cases containing about 15 NOS Chade DE blades. The Old Type -- plated in silver and with the unfortunate slight crack in the handle (this one is only on the top end of the barrel & is quite thin) providing one of the best shaves of any Gillette -- regardless of their age. The case is traditionally a leather covered wooden case, so this one is either a custom case or something made by Gillette for some promotion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can see the razor is in great condition. The silver plating is all there and could be brightened up with some polish or the aluminum foil/baking soda method.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can just barely make out the hairline split in the smooth part of the top of the barrel.
    Offered for $89 delivered in the US.

Next is the beautiful and classy US made Milady Decolletee from the early 1930s -- in its ivory pearl Bakelite case. This excellent razor -- usually seen in the New Improved design -- is here the later, New model, gold-plated (called the New Deluxe) -- and looks like it was rarely used with really fine condition plating. The handle has the commonly seen hairline fracture, hard to see, but shown in the 6th photo. The set itself is not one I've used -- since I have another to indulge myself with. The weight is great, the balance perfect, and the gold finish along with the beautiful case makes for a really classy set -- especially considering it's over 80 years old!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you want it, I'll include the closely matching brush. It needs to be reknotted but is very nice.

[​IMG]
    Beautiful set with great gold plating on the razor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can just barely see the split on the handle here.

[​IMG]
    This one is a US made razor.
    Offered for $122 delivered in the USA.

battle.munky likes this.