FS: Straight Razors

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by xChris, Aug 23, 2008.

1. xChris

xChris Member

I am selling the following straight razors. I will accept PayPal from all buyers, and will also accept other monetary instruments in U.S. Dollars (e.g., personal check or money order). Item(s) will ship 1-2 postal days after confirmation of funds. Prices include shipping to CONUS and APO/FPO addresses. International buyers please contact via PM for a quote on shipping. PayPal address will be provided to buyers via PM. Please feel free to also PM me with questions, or requests for additional information/photos. Thanks for looking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown Manufacturer
    • 6/8 round point, hollow ground
    • "Finest Silver" steel (carbon steel)
    • cream-colored plastic scales (some staining)
    • tight pins, but crack on reverse side of scale around pin (has not loosened during my ownership & use)
    • pre-honed
    • $35.00

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Joseph Rodgers & Sons
    • The "Royal" Ring (engraved on blade)
    • 5/8 half-round point, hollow ground
    • carbon steel
    • black plastic scales with lead or pewter wedge
    • some pitting still visible, and very visible hone wear
    • pre-honed
    • $35.00 S O L D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feather ACD-N
    • disposable blade, non-folding model
    • has small dent in shoulder on right side of head (aestetic - does not affect performance)
    • includes all original packaging
    • will include new pack of Pro Super blades + 18 Pro blades
    • $135.00 S O L D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

Very nice offers Chris, you get some great closeups with your camera too :signs107
    and that Feather razor with the blades is a smoking deal :D

3. xChris

xChris Member

Thanks, Neale. You guys in SOTD give inspiration to making great shots.

4. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

PM sent for Joseph Rodgers blade.

5. xChris

xChris Member

PM replied.

6. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I wont buy any, because I just cant figure them out. Butttttt, those are some great deals. Snatch these up kiddies!! This is probably the cheapest way your going to get into str8 shaving.

Free shameless bump :D

7. xChris

xChris Member

Thanks for the assist, Jay! ;)

The Joseph Rodgers & Son razor is now sold. Thanks TSD!

8. djm

djm New Member

Well, the board is going to make me post before I can send a PM. So here it is (call it an introductory in the classified section mostly because I am wondering if the feather is still for sale.)

I am not new to straight shaving and have a ton of old razors in various states of restoration. I think it has been 2 years that I have been at it though when life got hectic I did go back to the mach for 6 or 8 months (yeah, I know...)

I just ran across this board in my recent quest for a feather. For some unknown reason I have had the urge to try one since I started with a straight. It is interesting to see how many members @ SRP (where I go by dolf) are on this board as well.

Well, that is it, I could now send a PM for the feather, but it seems pointless being as I have now posted my interest here. Please let me know if it is still up for grabs.

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, djm!

Don't miss the Newbie Give-Away! :happy088

The post requirement is due to someone who spammed a bunch of the members through the pm system awhile ago. :)

10. Padron

Padron Active Member

Welcome to The Den djm! :cool:

11. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Welcome!

12. xChris

xChris Member

djm,

First welcome to TSD; yeah, there are quite a few of us that are members of both TSD & SRP.

Second, I regret to inform you that the Feather is already sold. :( The deal was underway before your posting, so not being abe to PM wasn't the fault. Good luck on getting a Feather AC; they do pop up on the forums from time to time.

13. djm

djm New Member

Thanks for the reply. It is kind of funny- I ran across the post a few days back and spent the time deciding if I really wanted to try a feather with a “non foldable” handle. Then I considered if I did was it possible that I wanted a Tosuke then I considered... well, suffice to say that this is not the first time that my indecision has been a problem for me. Well, thanks for making my search for another razor just a little more difficult- now I am stuck on the idea that if I am going to try something different that I should try something completely different and go with the acd-n

14. xChris

xChris Member

DJM,

I sent you a PM on a lead about another Feather ACD-N for sale. Good luck!