FS: Two Straights (Filarmonica/ABC) *SOLD*

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by JimR, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimR

JimR Active Member

I have two great straights for sale here:

The first is a Filarmonica #13 Inox. It started out at about 13/16, now it's a solid 6/8 because it had some serious damage to the edge and needed a lot of honing out. Thus there is some hone-wear as well.

Otherwise, the condition is pretty good--some superficial scratching on the blade and spine, and the scales are a little discolored in parts but the pins are tight, the blade centers well, and the gold wash is still looking good.

I call this razor MOSTLY shave ready. It is smooth and it shaves, but on a scale of 1-10 (10 is a velvet squeegee, 1 is a warm chocolate bar), this is about an 8...before I send it out, I'll try to bump it up a bit more.

$130 by paypal, Worldwide EMS expedited/insured shipping included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second is a Japanese made folding straight, ABC.

It's a big 13/16-7/8 blade, stiff hollow ground blade of Swedish Carbon steel. It's got some pitting/staining, but not serious damage. The scales are two-colored translucent/pearlescent acrylic....beautiful, really. There are some stable cracks at the hinge pin, though, and the inlay has some glue around it from a not-so-well done repair.

The edge on this one is really freaking good. I honed it and finished on a nice Japanese natural, and while I'm no honemeister it was one of those approved by my barber/teacher and it shaves like a champ.

$65 including EMS expedited insured shipping worldwide ($50 standard airmail).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Buy them both together for $175.

2. Gnetics

Gnetics New Member

That filly is nice! Good luck with the sale Jim!

3. JimR

JimR Active Member

Thanks! I need to pay for some stuff...fingers crossed!

4. Gorgeous Filly.
    I'd be all over that if I hadn't just bought one.

Filly's definitely live up to the hype and Jim is a great guy to do business with.
    Someone buy these!

5. olafurson

olafurson Member

Didn't you already sell a Fillie Inox and regret it?!??

You're crazy.

Somebody needs to buy both of those stat.

6. mgarbell

mgarbell New Member

Oh man, if I only had the funds right now. SWMBO would kill me if I got that right now, but I want one. Need to build up that paypal account!

7. Leon

Leon Active Member

I'd be all over this, but I promise my self I'd keep myself from buying even more razors.

Good luck Jim and congrats to the future buyer.

8. JimR

JimR Active Member

I might be crazy, but it's such a SWEET madness.

Nah, the Inox was 3/8--no regrets there. I did sell a Sub Cero that I should have at least tried shaving with, but oh well. There will be more!

As for Fillies, I'm full up. I got a Barbas Duras, and it is the Bee's knees...this one just doesn't do it for me aesthetically.

I did rehone it last night and bumped it up a tad--let's call it an 8.75 now.

9. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I've owned quite a few ABC razors and I can't recommend them enough. Great buy.

10. JimR

JimR Active Member

Sold! Thanks TSD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.