FS: Vintage Gillette Adjustables

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by LOOT, Jul 29, 2017.

1. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

EDIT* All are gone to new homes. Please archive.

It's time to thin the herd just a bit. I have 3 vintage Gillette adjustable razors for sale from my collection. I have not used any of them and have no intentions of it. Photos are uploaded to Dropbox to get around my rudimentary knowledge of forums and photo size limitations. Follow the links. Ask questions, I'll be glad to upload any specifically requested photos. The photos are part of the description, review them carefully. Items will ship with items described, anything else you might find in the photos are not included.

Here we go:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1pb2zyu14ghs6uk/AADpV6qZucIU9z5WiKR-jtGQa?dl=0
    Gillette J2 Aristocrat: This is a 1964 gold plated slim Aristocrat. I don't believe this razor has ever been used. It shows no sign of wear that I can see. All original plating is in place. The case is in fantastic shape with no stains I can see. The logo is clear, clean, and smudge free. It comes with instructions and blades. I don't think the blades are original to the set, I could be wrong. The blades are not sealed and appears to have 2 or 3 of the labeled 6. I did not clean or sanitize this razor. $150 shipped to COTUS.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ehnp3tgiykznoy7/AADbWl2MMh4KFwJhJzs3GFDIa?dl=0
    Gillette D3 Executive Fatboy: This is a 1958 gold plated Fatboy. Again, I don't think it has ever been used. The plating is all there with no signs of wear except 2 very faint scuffs from the packaging. Gillette didn't package it well as there is a ridge in the top of the plastic case that will rub the head if not protected. Look closely at the head photo (not the blurry one) and you can make them out, centered on each door. The case in clean with no smudging of logos and the clasp at the top is in tact and functional. Again, I'm not certain if the blades are original to the piece. They are open but could possibly have all 20 inside. I just can't tell. No instructions. I did not clean or sanitize this razor. $175 shipped to COTUS.

Last...but not least:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ux1g1rak37i9ak5/AACJ0poSpCbKhv0CuNrVH8nsa?dl=0
    Gillette F4 Toggle: This is a 1960 F4 Toggle. It was gently used but unfortunately stored with a blade. I cleaned it up and in doing so, took the paint off of the 9. If you look closely in a photo with the doors open, sitting on my knife, you will see 2 very small spots of green verdigris. They are very hard to see with the naked eyed but jump out in a photo. Chris Evatt at RazorPlate told me exactly how to fix it but I have not, I'll leave that to the next owner. I never got the razor wet so the spots were not an issue. The plating is original and short of the 2 aforementioned spots is beautiful. The case in in pretty good shape for it's age. Case with liner and razor only. $275 shipped to COTUS

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017