Funny things wet shavers do

Discussion in 'Clean Jokes' started by Angelo85, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Here’s a list of funny things I’ve done as a wet shaver. This list is inspired by a video from the YouTube channel “The Clean Shaver”.

Say I want to shave like my grandfather yet have enough shave gear for 60 grandpas.

Take pictures of what I just got in the mail that day.

Take pictures of what I used to shave on any given day; then do a rundown list of items and products used in picture.

Say I started wet shaving to save money, but now it is a full blown hobby/investment.

Build my own shave den/collection.

Sniff various aftershaves to find one that would compliment a specific shave soap.

Have certain days dedicated to one brand of aftershave. For me it’s Stetson Sunday, English Leather Thursday and sometimes Clubman Friday.

Judge other people on their shave or lack of shave.

Repeatedly run my hands on my face to feel how smooth my skin is after a shave. Even hours afterwards.

I took a chore and and made it fun.

Shave twice in a day. Once in the morning, then if I have an event later on once in the afternoon or evening as well just to maintain the baby smooth face in public.

Try to convert others to wet shaving.

Stop by at the men’s grooming section in any given supermarket/drug store to see if they have any decent aftershaves, styptic pencils, etc.

Sniff my shave soaps just to have a good whiff of their enchanting scent.

Snub my nose at dollar shave club and Harry’s shave products.

Go to antique stores to see if any of them have old safety razors or other vintage shave gear.

Any of my fellow wet shaving friends guilty of any, most or all of the above?

2. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Some of them....BUT, I haven't been at it all that long! So, what in the world does that say about me?

:happy108:

brit and Angelo85 like this.
  3. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Funny! I do a majority of the the things you do but I mostly don’t take pics of gear and don’t shave twice a day. Funny post!

brit, S Barnhardt and Angelo85 like this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

All but two.

Here’s a few more.

Acquire two or three extra of vintage razors you already own just in case something happens to one. Or to give to a recent convert.

Buy another identical razor just because the deal is too good to pass up and you can’t bear the thought of a vintage razor falling into the wrong hands.

Store your shave gear in various places because you don’t have a single storage space large enough and/or you don’t want anyone to find out how much you actually have.

Enrico, Angelo85, brit and 2 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

all but the shave twice a day..it could happen..:)

John Beeman, S Barnhardt and Angelo85 like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

those too..:)

John Beeman likes this.
  7. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Read fourms intently,
    just in case you may have missed something new or you didn't know about.

Buy books on types, dates and history of razors, like it matters.

Buy different types of blades, then test each for performance.

Use different razors, blades or software depending on the season, weather or your mood.

tp

8. atbat82

atbat82 Well-Known Member

This, so much this! Plus if you spread it around, the old lady might not notice that new thing you bought!

9. speedster

speedster Well-Known Member

Did you steal this strategy from those hard-working squirrels in your back yard?! ;)

Not a bad strategy when you think about it...

brit, John Beeman and Enrico like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Here are ones I have ......

Your favorite chair in the living room is surrounded by a plethora of brushes, razors and shaving mugs.

Your (saint) wife lets you decorate your home with some of your nicer antique shaving bowls, mugs, and brushes.

You regular check Craig's list for AS and shaving equipment.

I have found ..... if you give away some periodically, your wife doesn't mind you buying more. :D

:shaver

Terry, brit, Angelo85 and 1 other person like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

yes sir,those as well..:)

12. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Good lord batting dang near 1000 on your list.very funny. Good post and true for most of us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  13. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Plan the next bathroom remodel for.... shaving.

Keep enough credit on your card in case that "specific razor" goes on sale.

Have a "shaving jar" for loose change.

Your afflicted with Hyperosmia.

Am I hitting home???

tp

brit and Enrico like this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We actually have managed to save money by switching to DE shaving, but that doesn't mean I don't look for vintage razors & brushes in antique shops.
    I also make my own shave soap, as I believe some other folks here do.
    The thing that strikes me funniest (about myself) is my ability to give decent advice to guys about how to shave their faces.

Enrico, brit, jluc and 3 others like this.