Futur and Derby blade

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by La Pedrera, Jul 5, 2007.

1. CutMan

CutMan Member

LP,

I really wanted to like the Derby blades since they get such good reviews. But each shave with the Derby was a rough go. Feathers are too sharp for me. MERKURS are just right in my Merkur HD. Only get about 3 shaves from them, but each one is very good.

Am waiting on Crystals. After them, think I'm done experimenting, even though there are several more blades out there to try. Would rather try out the many soaps and creams, and fix a blade choice on one or two.

Happy gliding!

2. La Pedrera

La Pedrera New Member

How do you know when the blade is done? The dragging? Just the feel kind of thing?

I typically have a drag feel around the chin (which is probably bad habits from the cartridge / aerosol times).. but never (yet) on the easier parts of a shave..

C

3. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

best advice ever people think of double edge razor blades as one dimensional results thats not so.
    you have think in razor combo ways. what makes the same blade go bad in one razor and go Fantastic on another ? Magic Voodoo ? who knows.

Id like to think it has something to do with a combo of this.

1- Razor (head) weight
    2- Razor pressure on DE blade once the Head is closed.
    3- different tension on blade versus blade exposure.
    4- the variety " kick "in itself could contribute to refreshing once technique once in a while by throwing or using a different blade then your to go blade.

I do believe at one point there are bad blades that will yield no help in whatever razor you would throw them. and then there is a blade that would yield only in a certain Razor good results only and be crap in all your other 20 razor collection but unless your name is Dragonboy from Sweden you wont have the luxury in trying it out in what 60 different DE razors ?