Gather your favorite straights together and post them

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by picturerock, Sep 3, 2018.

1. picturerock

picturerock Well-Known Member

Some good old Solingen Steel

[​IMG]

battle.munky, Paul76, mrchick and 6 others like this.
  2. SevenEighth

SevenEighth Well-Known Member

Oh, now I'm even more jealous... That sounds like the perfect shaving journey each week. You have taken the seven day shaving experience to the next level. When you think about it, even 19 th C royalty, attended by their own personal valet, and a set made for them, would not have had such a fine shaving experience.

TestDepth, Keithmax, Paul76 and 2 others like this.
  3. Arnout

Arnout Well-Known Member

I was staggered, disapointed, there is no place for a coticuleday in the set
    They are all fine stones, but none has the magic of a coticule!

4. SevenEighth

SevenEighth Well-Known Member

There's a simple solution. He needs to buy another 7 day set and hone those on a different vein of coticule each day.

AGHisBBS, Arnout, TestDepth and 2 others like this.
  5. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Got it down to 6... but they represent some of my favorite parts of this hobby :)
    E5207C3E-1EC9-47FE-A6F8-CC070F5D7428.jpeg
    Start with the C.V.Heljestrand 14 in upper right - represents my love of Swedish razors, specifically all the Heljestrand models, while also being a 14. While different than the normal 14 shape, the size and grind is so very nice... I love 14’s!

Clockwise we get to a Spanish point Wade & Butcher, but wait they made a Spanish point???? This razor encompasses my love for the W&B brand, the fun I get in modifying a blade to my aesthetic, and the pure joy in making scales from the pouring of resin to final polish.

The Wacker Chevalier is next and this is the most sexy shape around IMO. And that horn is mesmerizing.

The “tiny” 10/8 Joseph Rodgers & Sons is next... 10/8, titanium scales, and a wonderful shave - nuff said. :)

We next come to the Brian Brown asymmetrical Kamisori. A tribute to the modern custom razor makers putting their sweat into amazing works of mechanical art... thank you!!! Plus it is a 8/8 Kamisori - and that is just cool.

Finally, any group of favorites needs to end in a SMILE, and is there a bigger smile than a R.Saito SK1?!?!?!

I struggled to get to 6, but I had fun thinking about this one. Thank you for this thread!
    One more glamour shot...
    4CCB3D6F-6A6C-4D5B-A17D-A8C7E58DEA95.jpeg
    Tom

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Nice razors!

TestDepth likes this.
  7. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

:thanks:

mrchick likes this.
  8. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Bartmanns are my favorites. I had a chance at a 7 day set years ago, I wish I had taken.

Arnout and M14Shooter like this.