Gave away a starter kit today.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Spud, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

My father in law was asking me today what I shaved with. He explained he's been getting pimples and rash on his neck. He knew I didn't use cartridges but that's about all.
    I gave him an Edwin Jagger DE 89, a Semouge 620, ten Astras and a shaving mug with soap. I tried to give him a quick and dirty tutorial, not sure how much sunk in. We will see how he gets along.

2. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Always a good feeling to help out. Wishing your father in law many happy shaves.

Spud likes this.
  3. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

When I gift a razor I always tell them about Mantic and TSD. If they don't get scared off by everyone's collections at least they have a place to get advice.

gmaugie007 and Spud like this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Great job. Let's see if he has the patience to learn. Lol unless he already knows from "back in the day"

Spud likes this.
  5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I sort of started someone in wet shaving. I initially gave him a gold ball end tech , but he got confused easily and would put the base plate upside down. So I loaned him my blue tip... Sadly it was my sons girlfriends dad. And they broke up.. So I don't think I'm getting that blue tip back anytime soon

Spud likes this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Live and learn. But, it was the nice gesture that counts. There isn't anything in the rulebook that says you can't still communicate with your sons ex-girlfriends father, and see how everything is working out.

Spud and Jorvaljr like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@Spud that was a nice thing to do. Please let us know how it works out for him.

Spud likes this.
  8. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Thank you Sarah. My mother in law called the next day to tell me how much he likes it. I was surprised by this, as I expected his initial experience to be difficult, as he never used a safety razor before and I thought he would have problems with angle, pressure, etc. He was over at my house last night and he told me he likes it but he's growing a gotee as he has pimples around his chin area. I never pushed the issue but later I will encourage him to try that area again with the usual advice (pressure, angle, WTG, lather) and see how it goes. I don't want to discourage him. Thanks for asking!

dustmite likes this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Super! He is off to a good start.

Spud likes this.