gave my dad a cut and a shave

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Double Edge Dougy, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Im not the best barber but i cut my own thin hair and my dad has even less so not to hard for me to cut his...this time around i thought id bring some shaving gear as well. After the hair cut i told him to go wash his face with warm water. I applied some pre shave oil and lathered up some razorock p160. Then i popped an astra sp into the r41 and carefully got to shaving. I was worried about shaving someone else. On your own face you can feel exactly whats going on, it was tough to know on his. I kept asking if all was well. Kept insisting he tell me of even the slightest irritation or discomfort. It went really well. The best part is i think he liked sitting down and watching me whip up a lather and have just a few minutes of pampering if you will. Overall i enjoyed it too. Always good to spend time with and help the ol man out, but also fun to explian the gear and about the hobby. now im developing a new kind of AD, i gotta get some hair cutting/shaving gear for others in mind. Well those simple things are indeed what make up the 'good life'

2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

That is so cool! When my grandfather was still alive, afer he had his stroke, I would help him shave and trim his finger nails. That was quality time and memories that I will always cherish
    `

3. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Nice, was it difficult for you to shave someone else? Ihad a tough time but it ended up well

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

That's a nice story Doug, thanks for sharing. My dad suffered a stroke years back and I also shaved him for some time actually. I used a mach 3 and was also worried at first but turned out it wasn't that difficult. My face is very similar to his so that did help alot. :)

Double Edge Dougy likes this.
  5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I used a cartridge razor back then so it wasn't too difficult.

Double Edge Dougy and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Have to hand it to you: you have faith in your own skills, reaching for the R41 when shaving someone else for the first time! And you clearly were warranted in that faith, too :)