GC .68 Jaws and .68 OC have arrived

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by LaneP, Feb 17, 2020.

1. LaneP

LaneP Well-Known Member

Just delivered to my front step, the .68 Jaws and the .68 OC. Too late to shave with today but the .68 Jaws will be my Tuesday workday morning shave (with report to follow later).

These were base plate only purchases. I now have the following:

.84 SB - perfect for daily shaving, equivalent to something between plates 4 and 5 on the Rockwell 6s. Just as smooth as the 6s.

.84 OC - somewhat more challenging to use than the SB. I have to use it with a very shallow angle or I get a rough shave. Least favorite so far.

.84 Jaws - smoother than the .84 OC and more efficient. Capable of great shaves but still a little "too much" for me to use every morning with my current go-to blade. Some blade experimentation may change that.

I think these Razorock offerings are some of the best values to be had in DE razors today. Superbly finished, well made, quality products.

Can't wait to see where the .68 Jaws fits into this lineup.

[​IMG]

2. LaneP

LaneP Well-Known Member

Great first shave. Last shave was Sunday morning so I had a couple days worth.

Not as buttery smooth as the .84 SB but much more comfortable than the .84 Jaws. A nickless, error free two pass shave, first pass north/south and second pass south/north which for most parts of my face translates to WTG/ATG.

The .68 Jaws lacks nothing in efficiency either, cutting very effectively with a new Perma-Sharp. This will be a keeper.

I intend to use it the remainder of the week before moving on to the .68 OC.

Str8on2, jimjo1031 and BigD like this.