Gem confusion

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hanspleasure, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

2. ssilcox

ssilcox Member

Are these hard to come by? I have one that I thought was just a normal 1912 - although mine is an Ever Ready. Did it go for such a high price because of the set, or is it a rare Gem?

3. mmack66

mmack66 Member

Probably due to the set. The ruler might have sold it too. :D

4. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

DONT REMIND ME. i was ready to bid, but i was on the phone with someone.

that set is really rare.

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I suppose condition and the Lady gem set might have something to do with it. I have purchased several gems and ever-ready razors. All them together cost less than that went for. OK, maybe not, but I have purchased a lot of 6 GEM including two 1912 for less than $20.

6. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Wow! Nice set. Ladies set carry a premium to collectors as they were produced in far, far, far fewer numbers than men's razors.

7. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I know like I may sound like I'm pimping the service, but that is why I use Gixen. Its free and you don't have to be tied to the computer.

As far as the multiple bids, I'm thinking some kind of computer screw up that didn't load his screen after placing his bid, therefore he kept hitting refresh and it kept placing his bid. I think it was too early and erratic to be snipe program.

8. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i like bidding myself. sniping is a false victory IMO ;)

9. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

but not asking for a BIN?:taunt005

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Bravo good sir... I completely agree with that:rolleyes:

11. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

not to me. youre still doing it yourself. unless you seriously lowball, then thats just pathetic :)

12. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

If you think sniping is wrong, how can you think lowballing a seller is alright? At least if you snipe others have a shot at it. How would you know if I'm "still" doing it?

13. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

you misread. badly. i said lowballing ISNT alright.

and it was a general statement, not directed at any one person.

14. spinyeel

spinyeel Member

A $40 offer for that razor was very reasonable in my opinion,as judged by the final price.:confused:There is a guy on another forum that would have offered $15 and sold it on said forum for a lot more to a fellow member.:mad:Nothing wrong with offering a reasonable price to someone.;)They will usually turn down the offer anyway.:D

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Just to add my .02.... the "you're still doing it yourself" refers to the buyer still making the offer.. not setting a computer program to play the game..which is a sucky way to do it.

16. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i think i know who youre talking about :o

17. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

I think we all know who that is:happy102

18. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

now THAT makes me mad. i say this b/c said persons only posts are in the BST.

personally though i like the guy.

19. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

A lady GEM?! I didn't know she existed.

Cool!

20. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

she does. and shes playing hard to get.