Get Ye'r Shaves in India.. take a seat .

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by SSLSTudio..., Oct 20, 2007.

1. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Well I think we have to ask Rick to take the fall for the group cuz no way am I going to sit down in that chair....

it also seems the Barber is using some sort of disposable STR8 here clips in a fresh blade.

The 2nd Barber well he will break your neck in the end. good Show though !

[ame]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=XdC4F2BdI4g[/ame]

[ame]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=kCHHc4DtwNw[/ame]

2. seamus402

seamus402 You don't mess with Big Slim

I'd sit in that chair as long as it was a fresh blade. The best massage I have every had was near the Banana River in South West India. Two Auyervedic Doctors(?) on a koa wood table with lips on the edge and holes in the bottom. They asked me what my ailments were and cooked up some oil potion. I felt great for 2 weeks. I trust the Indian ways completely.

3. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

+1

I use Ayurvedic herbal supplements and treatments for my skin and nothing else has worked better for me. My pediatrician as a child was Indian and so was my alternative doctor, who also is a M.D. They appreciated different methods for healing and rejuvenating that most medical doctors would frown at.

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Great vids Rene,

Curious as to what ointments and creams, and the sprays being used are. Could identify old spice aftershave (spray) in the first video.

::

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Joe, in India, Godrej is a very commonly used s/c, so is Palmolive (Lemon, like we have,) Vicco, and so are Denim, Old Spice, Park Avenue and Nivea...just to name a few! Which one the barber was using on the customer? Ahhhhhh, couldn't tell ya, buddy! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

6. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

a fresh blade, no worries. These guys are PROS. They probably knock out 50 shaves a day. I would be going daily. most here in the Philippines use half of a DE in their straights, I just bring a fresh derby each time, and let him "keep the change" ;), but I live too far away to make the daily shave, so I just get one when I go in for a haircut every two weeks ;)