Getting Started

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by ekf1204, Feb 24, 2014.

1. ekf1204

ekf1204 Member

Well, I've been reading quite a bit and slowly making my way toward a better shave.

Picked up an inexpensive Badger Brush and soap from Target (VDH) and then grabbed some Proraso cream this weekend. Love the Proraso. Still using a cartridge as I decide what razor to get.

Just using a two or three pass technique with the brush and cream has already been a great improvement. Can't wait to take it further.

Great site and information -looking forward to being an active member.

Cheers!

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to TSD! The Edwin Jagger DE89 is a nice razor. Happy Shaving!

3. Badger-Face

Badger-Face Well-Known Member

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den! :signs046:

5. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

:transport015:......WELCOME TO THE SHAVE DEN!

6. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Den!

7. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to TSD, may your shaves only improve from here on out! :)

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi! Welcome to the Den.

9. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Welcome. This is the place to learn about this great hobby/addiction of ours so dont hesitate to ask any questions.

10. Glaswegian

Glaswegian Member

I'm just getting started myself. Welcome!

11. Thatdonkey

Thatdonkey Member

Welcome to the Den.....let the addiction begin!

12. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Welcome, nice to have you here.

13. FrankNJ62

FrankNJ62 Member

Welcome, I am also new to this and learning. Enjoy the experiences.

14. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

Welcome. Don't forget antique shops and flea markets are great places to find a good razor. Vintage Gillette can't be beat for a first razor. I wish I would have done more looking and shopping for my first. (Concord de) which I gave away.

15. Tvern13

Tvern13 Member

Welcome I'm new here myself. I have a EJ DE89L and have been really pleased with it but if I get the chance I want try some of the vintage Gillettes. I dug around in one of the local flea markets but they had zero razors.

16. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

I've collected a few razors now, my first was the EJ DE89 and it is still the best one I have purchased and still my go to razor. Can't go wrong there.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  17. Welcome.....although the den reminds me of my childhood home where the den had heads on the wall and smelled of Hoppes #9.......now that stuff smelled good! To bad they don't make THAT into a shave scent!

18. Dws2112

Dws2112 Member

Welcome to the den

I think I saw that somewhere. If I find it I will link it to you.

19. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Shaving Den. :signs046: Your mug and Brush is a good inexpensive starter kit. I like the VDH Set that I have, You might look @ Weber Razors they are made here in the USA in Missouri. www.weberrazor.com They are American Made and they sell @ a fair price. And the shipping price is included in the price.:shaver

20. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD "ekf1204"........I hope you enjoy it here....:)

I much prefer 3 piece razors over 2 piece razors or TTO's....So I'll cast my vote for either an EJ89(lbl lined handle is grippier than completely smooth bl) or a vintage Gillette Fat Handle Tech..Also you should consider getting a large blade sampler pack....The more different blades you can try the better and the sooner you'll find the blade or blades that work best for your face!!..:happy088: For a good cheap brush check out bestshave.net #6 horse(?) hair...