Gift from Opa

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by TheCopperHat, Mar 18, 2010.

1. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Came home this morning to find a small brown package from my Opa (grandpa) in Toronto sitting on my step. Open it up to find a mint looks unused rolls razor, in the box with the quality control tag still inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quite excited to take it for a rip and see what its all about, looks very straight razor esq haha. The handle is a 2 piece, the case has a strop in the top and a hone on the bottom lid and does all the work for sharpening and prepping the blade. What an awsome idea.

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Das ist schön! Opa, haha? Ich bin sehr stolz zu sagen, dass ich deutschsprachig bin. Ich werde damit beeindruckt! :) :D Viel Spass!

3. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

haha to his dismay I speak not a word of dutch, bought rosetta stone to help with that just.... haven't got around to it yet lol

as for the shave, very unique, strange shave angle, heavy head a little slower then some of my other razors but over all I do believe i'll use it again!

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My friend, I said that I am proud to be GERMAN-speaking! I understand Dutch also, if it is spoken slowly, and I can read it, but I don't speak it. I also wished you a lot of fun, and I am very impressed with the razor. :)

5. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Thank you sir, when I was younger I understood a little dutch but have lost touch with it long ago. I'll get back to it yet one day. And thanks I think as a shaver or not it's a beautiful specimen.

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Congrats! Those Rolls Razors are awesome pieces of engineering, and it looks like you have a very nice example there!

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Those rolls razors shave pretty well too, but I would refrain from using the included sharpening stone and would get it honed professionally.

8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

So, Sparco, did you use it yet? I'm curious.

9. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Sure did, awsome little unit, very different shave, little more to get used to just by the way the guard sits on it, but all in all a very nice no irritation shave that was quite smooth.

10. cammo

cammo New Member

I need to check with my grandpa to see if he has something like this kicking around. I certainly won't be inheriting any cash--maybe I could swing a DE razor?