Gillette case ID?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MTgrayling, Aug 7, 2009.

1. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I've had this case for awhile, I think it came with a Super Speed. Anyway, I'd like to put the correct occupant in it. The case is a simple nickel plated one. Would a single ring go in here? or ball end old type? Also would the blades have any value? I'm a stainless blade guy.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Looks like a Single Ring case to me...

Picture borrowed from Achim's website (Mr. Razor)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

That looks like the one, or very close. I'll put a single ring in it, now to find the blade holders.

4. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i had a 1909 at one point with that exact case. metal blade holders.

5. Oldguy

Oldguy Member

I've needed blade holders for sets that had them missing. You can sometimes find them sold alone on ebay but more often you might find a really bad razor set for cheap with a holder. I just got one in this week for a Khaki set that was missing one. I paid $3 plus shipping for an Old Type set where the handle and the case were pretty bad but the head and comb were absolutely perfect after cleaning them and the holder was what I would call very good. Good luck in finding them. They're there. And the 460-B set is very nice. The Single Ring is the perfect choice.

Len

6. ctakim

ctakim Member

+1 on the Single Ring. I have one in a near identical case!

7. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Thanks for the help guys! I have a 1911 or a 1917 I could put in there. I think the 1911 has found a home.