Gillette Diplomat Question

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Razor's Edge, May 27, 2010.

1. Razor's Edge

Razor's Edge New Member

This Gillette Diplomat is identified as a 1955 A4. I am wondering if the designs on the case are meant to be silver instead of gold? or is it just the lighting? I have always seen these designs in gold that's why I am wondering.

Attached Files:

2. ferroburak

ferroburak New Member

The color of figures on the case looks white..

3. Razor's Edge

Razor's Edge New Member

yea it kind of does look white, is that normal for Diplomats?

4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Who cares about the figures on the case. That's a brand new friggin diplomat! Beautiful razor.

And the fleur d'lis look white.

Herm2502 likes this.
  5. Razor's Edge

Razor's Edge New Member

I got in contact with the owner he indicated that the design was in gold, I guess the picture has real bad lighting....

Does anyone know if the Diplomats differ between their years of production?

I am under the impression there is no difference between production years.

Thanks guys.

6. The Daily Blade

The Daily Blade Active Member

I just scored what looks like a Diplomat on a bidding website. Can you all confirm? I am pretty sure though. I do not have it in my hands yet but it is in the mail. Was presented as a Gillette REGUS. Of course there is no such thing as it is often that people read the REGUS on the back and think it is the model and not an abbreviation for Registered US as pertains to Patent info.

Anyway, what are these things worth now days? Have never seen one on the bidding site and if I have, I do not remember it. I think I may have gotten lucky on this as I paid far less than what is normally paid for a Slim or Red Tip Super Speed. I seem to get lucky sometimes as I am the same guy who caused a stir a couple years back with the Nickel Plated Toggle..........

Anyway, any input would be helpful. I will throw up some additional pics once I get it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. kdkelly

kdkelly Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a Diplomat. You can tell by the knurling directly above the TTO knob. On an Aristocrat, this ring is smoother. The Diplomat replaced the Aristocrat in 1955 for a couple of years. Prices run about the same as the '40s - '50s Aristocrat in same condition.

PLANofMAN likes this.