Gillette Foam Barbershop Fresh Shave Foam

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Michael_W, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I don't always have time during the week to shave in the morning before leaving for work, so I typically shave at night prior to going to bed. Well, there are times, like this week, where I go a few days without shaving for one reason or another. This week I went about four or five days, so yesterday I picked up a can of Gillette Foam Barbershop Fresh Shave Foam from Target. I shaved with it this morning using my Merkur 34c loaded with a Rapira Swedish Stainless Steel blade.

I got a decent enough shave with it. I hadn't used actual shaving foam from a can in a couple of years until this morning, and it went a wee bit quicker than usual because I didn't do my usual third and fourth pass on my neck (I had to catch the bus by a certain time, and I was already running late because one of my roommates had to use the toilet). But the lather was slick enough and the scent really did remind me of a barber shop lather. I still prefer shave soaps and creams such as Taylor of Old Bond Street, but if I'm in a hurry and haven't the time to whip up a lather from my stash, this seems like a decent go-to.

Has anyone else used this stuff? What were your thoughts?

Paul Turner likes this.