Gillette Sun Up

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Angelo85, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Earlier today I got in the mail a full bottle of Gillette Sun Up aftershave. I did some research on this aftershave and all I know is it was made from 1964-1969. After googling adverts for this aftershave I found 8 different scent notes mentioned.
    Cananga from Java
    Vetivert from Haiti
    Patchouli from Sumatra
    Lavender from France
    Rosewood from Brazil
    Sandalwood from the Indies
    Clove from Zanzibar
    Rose from Morocco
    The adverts claim they put 20+ different fragrances from around the world. If that’s so I can understand why Gillette stopped making it in 1969; I can only imagine that Sun Up became very costly for Gillette to make if they were really taking ingredients from around the world. Gillette probably discontinued it to save money as they wanted to keep their products affordable. Just my opinion. As for the scent; it’s fantastic. You really gotta smell it to know what all the hype is about. It’s to my nose smooth, suave and sophisticated. EB16FA9F-3ABA-49B0-9F58-D8258BB78F90.jpeg

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Always wondered what it smelled like.

brit and Angelo85 like this.
  3. Angelo85

It smells like James Bond.

Jim99 and brit like this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Nice write-up!

Angelo85 likes this.
  5. Angelo85

Thanks.

Jim99 likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

very cool Angelo..not smelled the original but have the barrister's reserve classic which is supposed to be similar..paa has sun down which is a clone as well..nice stuff..