Gillette Super Stainless

Discussion in 'Blade Reviews' started by sas71, Jan 2, 2011.

1. sas71

sas71 Member

Gillette should be embarrassed to even have put their name on these things. I bought a NOS pack to try while I was at this little country store above my home. Needless I wont buy anymore. Fairly sharp but rough. A few nicks here and there and a tore up irritated neck. Thank goodness no redness or bumps. I toughed out 2 shaves and that was enough. Ill use them in a shavette to trim the back of my neck/hairline but thats it. If you want to buy an unopened pack for your display..go for it..but to shave with..good luck.

Attached Files:

2. newb

newb Resident Newb

The Gillette Super Stainless are my favorite vintage blades out there. I find them to have above average sharpness and be a forgiving blade. I hand strop after each use and it's not uncommon for these blades to last me around 10 - 14 shaves. These aren't a blade for everyone as they are not super smooth. They are very similar to Merkur's on the smoothness scale. These are solid long lasting vintage blades that still can deliver a DFS consistently.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Not that bad....

I'll admit I prefer other blade brands, but I'd use these blades again if I had to. They work well enough.