Gillette Travel Razor w/ travel case

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by FacialCarnage, Jan 29, 2013.

1. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

Last night my younger brother surprised my with this little diamond of a razor and case. I wanted to show it y'all and see if anyone could tell me around the age when this was made. It is in great condition with no nicks or dings in it. I will probably take it to work with my one day this week and do a little cleaning on it and possibly put it in our ultrasonic machine. It even has the piece of paper that came placed in between the base plate and top.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    This is a great little razor. I had one like it when I was in the army back in the 60s. I purchased one like it last year after a search. There should be a date code on the bottom. A letter indicating the year and a number indicating the quarter. http://gillettedatecodes.com/
    [​IMG]

JRod22 likes this.
  3. flyboy718

flyboy718 Active Member

Man I was bidding on one on ebay several days ago and it got a little higher than I wanted to pay...but I want one so bad!

JRod22 likes this.
  4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Nice little travel Tech..Check the underside of the blade pan for the date code a Letter(A-Z for year made) across from a Number(1-4 for quarter of that year made) You can find Gillette date code lists on the internet..The head can be use with a full sized handle...:)

FacialCarnage likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I believe I paid $13.28 for mine. I was happy. I think I paid about $2-3 back in 1967.

This is actually the razor I travel with. Despite the small handle I get a sweet shave.

6. Lothar101

Lothar101 Active Member

I got one ..If you can get around the handle being so short they shave pretty well.Btw Its a Travel Tech

7. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Nice razor and nice gift. I've seen quite a few of those in really nice shape on ebay but haven't pulled the trigger on one. I guess maybe they don't get used all that much?

8. Stewartu

Stewartu New Member

I've got one, cased like the one Jayaruh posted above, the brown vinyl case. Mine is un-used and still has the original wrapped blade in the head. Pretty cool find at a junky antique store a couple of years ago. I have yet to shave with it.

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Neat razor! I won one here, in a PIF. My husband uses it when we travel and likes it quite a bit.