Global Shaving Club...Buyer Beware...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gigmaster, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Gigmaster

Gigmaster Active Member

I ran across the Global Shave Club site a few months ago. I liked some of their stuff, from the pictures, anyway. I ordered a Black Tiger razor and some shave oil. The shipping was very expensive compared to other places. I got an email a week later saying that my order would come in 2 shipments. about 10 days later, my Black Tiger arrived. It was broken, with the head snapped off and the threaded shaft broke off inside the handle...unrepairable and useless. I never received the shave oil.

I sent 6 messages through their message system with no response. Finally, through a link on a YouTube video, I was able to text one of the Higher Ups in the company. He said he would take care of it. 3 weeks later, I received a Replitech JFK razor, which was pretty, but not what I ordered. And I still never received the shave oil. The JFK is a cheap copy of a 1960s Gillette Tech. I have 2 real 1956 Gillette Techs, so I had no need for a copy. I texted the person again, and he acted like I did something wrong, and, "What can I do to make you happy". " We've sold hundreds of these with no complaints". Dumb question. Just send me what I paid for. All the others probably;y ordered the JFKs. I didn't. He said he would send me a replacement Black Tiger and the oil. I offered to send the JFK back, but he said to keep it. It was a mistake. It has now been over 2 months, and no Black Tiger or oil. I guess I am out the $30.00 I paid, and I am stuck with a razor I did not ask for.

Anyone else have any trouble with these people? Or did they just single me out for some reason? I absolutely do not recommend buying anything from this company. Do it at your own risk.

brit and gorgo2 like this.
  2. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Sounds like an undisclosed drop-ship operation that went bad. Actually, such business models are never good.

PatrickA51 and brit like this.
  4. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I ordered the R41+ in the metal handle.
    After 4 weeks nothing + 8 Emails and on Facebook messenger also.
    6 Weeks in someone finally got back with me saying they would send me my Razor ASAP. 2 Weeks later my Razor arrived. But not the One I Ordered.
    Yea I got my R41+ but with the black plastic handle.
    I WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  5. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Don’t get me wrong. It is a good Razor.
    ( R41+ ) just not the Customer Service.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  6. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

What's the old saying, "you only get one opportunity to make a good first impression"?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    dangermouse and brit like this.
  7. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Interesting thread. Thanks for posting. :eatdrink013: