Goat's Milk Soap-Home Sweet Havoc

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Michael, Mar 16, 2007.

1. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

So are you going to give it a try?

2. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I guess so. Not optimistic though as I can't seem to make consistently decent lather from soaps at all. 4-5 MBs, Tabac, C&E Sandalwood - doesn't seem to matter. All I get is thin, non-lubricating slop. More water, less water, oops, too much water add more soap...whatever. Tabac seems to be the best, but give me a cream any day! Which is ok I guess, since I seem to have accumulated enough of those for a lifetime!

I thought you said you had the Bay Rum. No?

3. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

I've used the bay rum bath soap, not the shaving soap. I may have to break my moratorium and order this.

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

thanks!

will wait for some comments on it b4 I order - international shipping can be a bitch for 5 bars of soap... :(

5. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

Klaus, I'm normally in Europe about once a month. Would it make sense for me to bring some stuff over there and ship it to you from England, France, or Germany (my usual destinations) next time?

6. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Klaus, why don't you email Lisa and ask her to quote you shipping charges? Tell her I sent you or mention TSD. That is, if you and Bob don't work something out (a most generous offer, Bob!). lisa@goatboy.us

7. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

I wrote Lisa with a question about her shaving soap, and she kindly offered to send me a sample. As soon as I receive it I'll give it a try and post my results.

8. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I have used Alabu soaps for a while now.. They are exellent.. Very skin friendly and nice scented.. Their Bay Rum is rather odd but very nice.. (Its my daily bath soap) I have also tried the Eucalyptus (very faint scent) Citrus Splash (Nice, but I think its discontinued) and a few others..

But stay away from their Shaving Soap, the scent is divine.. But the Lather is not (like no lather at all).. I have bought it time and again but only to use as a bath soap..

9. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

thanks very much Bob for this generous offer, I might come back to it!
    I'll mail Lisa for a quote first (thanks Michael for the idea!) and will then decide.
    Klaus

10. Will

Will Nevermind

Thanks Fergie

Just ordered Irish Tweed and some Scrapples, can't wait :D

11. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

Looks like my next trip over there will be to Paris the week of April 18. I'd be happy to carry some soap on the plane and post it to you from Paris. Just let me know.

12. Will

Will Nevermind

That is very nice of you to hook him up with some Goat Boy BUT!!!!!
    French shaving soap you say?

GROUP BUY!!!! :drool

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Michael!! This is great, I'm going to have to give it a try. I like the $5.00 flat-rate shipping too...Are there other sites that offer discounts on soap products to forum members?

14. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

I don't know about that. The last time I was over there I bought a couple of French products that I found that I hadn't seen in the US, and they were absolutely awful. And on this next trip I won't have the opportunity to shop anyway.

15. Will

Will Nevermind

Oh well :(

I will just Google what I want. :D

16. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Thanks, Bob!
    However, I've decided to stop purchasing shaving stuff for some while now. I have arrived at a point where I've tried most of the stuff I wanted to and my bank account needs some time to regenerate :rolleyes:
    I've got an order from Spain on the way and this'll be it for some time now.
    I'll definitely come back to your offer later on this year but for now I don't wanna make any more purchases :o

kind regards,
    Klaus

17. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

Dammit! I just wrote a lengthy post about my experience trying the Goatboy bay rum soap as a shaving soap, then I clicked something by mistake and it's gone. So here's the short version. It's a great bath soap, but it's a terrible shaving soap. I'll write up a full-blown review on another day.

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Sorry Bob. I've done the same thing before. It really sucks. :(

19. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yeah, its terrible. I hate losing as much as a sentence.

I also hate shaving with lousy shave soap - sorry about that too, Bob. Glad I didn't recommend that one :cool:

20. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Why don't you try Opera then? Clicked something by mistake and a new site loaded up? Just click "back" and in 9,5/10 cases what you've written is still there :D