Godrej lime shave cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by fozz77, Jun 4, 2009.

1. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

A very good shave cream with excellent lub & moisturizing properties.

I am not sure if this cream is still made. It was well advertised in India at that time, 1987 - 1989.

Enjoy!

2. beyboo

beyboo New Member

One of the best lime creams around in India. I personally like it in the summer. It has the goodness of lanolin to really work on the tuff stubbles.

Very much still manufactured and sold in India. Around a $ for 70G. Watch my shaveden for an image

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Scent is weak, but......

Aside from the scent being weak, this cream is like all the Godrej creams, fantastic. The lather is so easy to work up, and the general skincare is very good as well. The lime scent is nice, although I wish it was stronger. However, it's still there, and it gives a nice refreshing effect.

4. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

As my friend crackstar said, like all the Godrej creams , the Lime is a great cream.
    Good lubrication, not drying on the face, and produce a very good lather easily.
    As for the scent, it's lime, for me it's not too artificial, i like it.

5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Unfortunately I'm going to have to disagree with crackstar. I hate doing that because he and I almost always have the same impressions when it comes to soaps and creams.

According to the tube of Godrej Lime Fresh I have, it expired 04/10. I doubt that has anything to do with my dislike of it, because in my experience, shaving creams stay good for a looong time past the exp. date.

Good lubrication, excellent in fact, which I attribute to the lanolin. It lathered easily when I added a tiny bit more water to the lathering bowl. If anything it continued to lather as I applied it to my face. The moisturizing was adequate and par for the course from what I've read about Godrej. The issue I had with this cream is the scent. To me it smelled just like Lemon Pledge. If I had never smelled Lemon Pledge furniture polish before, I would have said this cream smelled strongly of lemons, with a slight chemical undertone. In the citrusy scents it ranks above Williams. (Williams smells like citronella insect repellant to me) Below Trumpers (a light true lime scent) and a long step below TSD Orange (which smell like valencia oranges to me).

Final Thoughts: A good solid performer at an excellent price if you don't mind a strong, slightly fake lemon smell. I believe that using cooler water to lather with would diminish objectionable odors.