Good Score!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Morman Bridge, May 31, 2017.

1. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

DaltonGang and Jim99 like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

RyX and Jim99 like this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That is one sweet razor and not a bad deal at all. I didn't see that one before now

4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

RyX and DaltonGang like this.
  5. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

6. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

7. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I eyeballed that one, and just decided that I didn't want it. Glad you got it. Send it my way if you want it cleaned up (not to Capt Murphy standards, OC).

As for the other, I filter out anything that costs more than $50 or so, which is probably why I didn't see it. I'm a cheapskate - and NOS are no fun to clean.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I can take them apart, and clean them, almost to the extent Capt Murphy does, but I usually don't need to, to that extent. I can also straighten the safety bars, and even up the doors. I've restored a couple dozen Fatboys and fixed a couple of bent up Gillette #15's. I call it quits when the adjustment dial spring is broken. I've even been known to replate many of my own razors, in bright nickel. But, over the past year, Straight Razors have kept DE razor fixes on hold. Straights are more fun and challenging.

Linuxguile and RyX like this.
  9. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Oooh.. You have a replating kit? I'll talk to you about that later. I've been debating setting one up, but the disposal is what's holding me back. (I have one weird tilt to the end cap on my FatBoy and one of my other TTO's. Haven't figured out what's causing it yet. )

10. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Stu929 likes this.