got a razor I know nothing about, help?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by tootall1121a, Jan 8, 2019.

1. tootall1121a

tootall1121a Member

A friend sent me a razor by Gfrmania Cutlery Co, Germany. Says Imperial on other side, and extreme hollow ground on the blade. Blade is in great shape, but there is a crack in the handle near the oposite end from the blade. Is still very sharp, a touch up on a strop it would be shave ready. Anyone know anything about it? I'll upload pictures when I can figure out how to make them smaller in this new computer and program

2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

You dont need to make them smaller. Just right click on the photo, select edit. Then where it shows size, go from 100, down to 75 or 50, and push enter. Then exit out of the pkcture, and select save modifications, when it asks. Simple. After that, when you post here, just click and drag into your new post.

3. tootall1121a

tootall1121a Member

um I guess I'm not understanding, when I put in the photo, it says file is too large before I can do anything

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

If you get Tapatalk on your phone or tablet, you won't have to worry about re-sizing pictures. It'll post pictures of any size.

5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Do what i said, to reduce the file, in your computer first. Simple.

6. tootall1121a

tootall1121a Member

don't use a phone or tablet online, using laptop.

7. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor

Looking forward to the pics :p

8. tootall1121a

tootall1121a Member

Well, it's so super sharp now, it couldn't get any sharper, though as you say, for comfort, you'd want to strop it some. I could repair that end if I was a mind to, it wouldn't be difficult because as you say, it doesn't pivot or anything, some glue fill and sanding would make it unnoticeable. I repair small things all the time, not a problem there, but I kinda don't want to take the time, and when I put it up for sale, I want the buyer to know what they're getting. If I could figure out how to get pix to post, I would put some up. I'm too used to my Imac, this windows computer is like... well learning to use one all over again.