Got poor tired razors? I need help with project.

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Tforc, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tforc

Tforc Member

May your slim slay the nasty stubble giving you a smooth shave.
    B

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

The industrial slim was a sweet shave today! Thanks!

3. Mr. Imperial

Mr. Imperial Member

So, I just read through this whole thread after seeing a SOTD pic from MRast. All I gotta say is, I may have to buy a junky looking Slim just to get you to do this for me, Tforc. Seriously nice work.

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Don't make it too junky if you want a nickel / coating combination like mine. If you want a total coating then one with plating loss is good, but make sure that the adjustments work and there is no major damage because the better the mechanicals, the better you will like the results.

5. Tforc

Tforc Member

yea what he said and make sure the doors open and close smoothly i can correct some bent combs and doors. If you see corrosion you will see the pits.
    B

6. MÜHLE-Man

MÜHLE-Man Member

like others have said...WOWSERS....that gunmetal or wahtever it is, "slim" looks amazing....

very nice work. I wish I had one to get done, but I don't have any junkers kicking around, but I'm tempted to go find one.

xeno_basso likes this.
  7. Tforc

Tforc Member

That color is a mix of leftover black and stainless. Glad you like it once it is gone it can't be matched very easy.
    Dosent have to be junk well worn turns out good also.
    B

8. 5t8t2u

5t8t2u Member

012.JPG Here's some pictures of how my razor turned out. What a beautiful razor. It makes me think it's shaving better than ever. Makes me feel better anyway. Thanks Brian.

008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG

macaronus, DLP, swarden43 and 2 others like this.
  9. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Very nice looking razor. I really like that two tone a lot. Great job Tforc. Bravo!

10. Tforc

Tforc Member

Glad your razor is serving you well enjoy
    B

11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I am resurrecting an old thread because I wish to thank Bryan for providing me with some new razors and head parts.
    Here are the completed razors. The extra heads will be used in another project.

Moly Resin TSD 1.JPG

Moly Resin TSD 2.JPG

Again thanks Bryan!

tomnat, macaronus and DLP like this.
  12. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

That star is my favourite of the bunch!

GDCarrington likes this.
  13. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Nice looking razors, good job.

14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well it is tied with my Slim that is shown earlier in this thread for favorite.

15. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Oh yeah I forgot about that two toned sexy beast!

16. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

:happy096: They're all looking fabulous!

But the OC gold tech... :drool: Daddy! I wanna, wanna, wanna! :)

GDCarrington likes this.
  17. Tforc

Tforc Member

Thanks Mr.Carringtons patience is greatly appreciated, between winter and family it took 3+ months to finish his and two other peeps razors. Will wait for April to see if rat race allows more coating.
    Cheers
    B

GDCarrington likes this.
  18. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I see you Gary.... I haven't done it yet. It totally slipped my mind. lol Need to find me a Fat Boy for some black nickel treatment... and I'm thinking either repaint the numbers in white or red since they will have to be redone after a replate.

GDCarrington likes this.
  19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

:p:happy102: I know you see me. That is why I posted. Black nickel Fat Boy or Black Nickel Slim? That is my question!

20. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

If I'm going to put the money into a replate, it'll def be a black nickel Fat Boy. May do 2 of them so I can do the numbers in white on 1 of them and red on the other. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.