Got the brush....now I need a stand.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by IKE, Dec 16, 2007.

1. IKE

IKE New Member

I received my No. 4 Omega boar brush (silver handle) from www.bowmanbeauty.com yesterday for $15.95 + shipping and although I've not yet used it I like the length, large handle size and feel of the bristles......it's right at 4 3/4" overall length from tip of bristles to end of handle.

I ask Bowman when I ordered if they had a stand for the brush and they didn't so I'm in need of a one.

I've seen several stands, on different sites and Ebay, but you can't really judge if they'd fit my brush from just a picture.

The brush has a sticker on the bottom that says Marvy and the same brush I have is pictured on Ebay auction # 320196099497 as well as the Bowman web site.

I'd prefer metal / chrome but I'd go with plastic if need be.....can anyone point me to the exact brand and model number stand I need for my new brush ?

Thanks.......Ike

2. drP

drP Shaving Brush Stockpiler

You don't need a stand.....at all.....

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Ike, listen to this man. Can't remember offhand, how many brushes he owns, but it's well over 100! If anyone knows brushes, it would be Peter. :1respect

4. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

While I use a stand for ease of storage (I only really have one brush), these fine gentlemen are quite correct. Laws of physics or something dictate as long as you shake it out nicely after you are done leaving it up, down, sideways or whatever will make no difference to the drying process.

Dr. Moss even mentions the exact theory in his straight shaving guide if you want go look up the exact term. My sciences are very rusty... :D

5. drP

Michael,

Seriously though;): i have several stands for my brushes, but they serve only for display purposes. When thoroughly dried, no top brand badger brush needs a stand at all. The brush should be completely dry the next morning, but in most cases it'll be dry the same evening when used in the morning. If not, you haven't dried it well enough.

The way i dry my brushes is this: after rinsing very thoroughly under streaming warm water i squeeze the loft gently. Then i shake the brush gently in the sink a few times. I dry my hands and give the brush about 20-30shakes in the bath tub. Finally, i rub the loft gently over a towel about 6-8 times.

This works for me with all my brushes, at the moment 150+ specimen.....:D

6. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Yeah, I just looked it up. It's in the Encyclopedia Britannica under "OMG :shocked003:shocked003"!! Actually, I thought it was more than that by now. I'd be happy just to SEE that many brushes in one place! Awesome!!

(Hi, Peter. Nice to see you around these parts!)

7. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Darn and I thought that my stand was a must have.

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Hey, Peter, I seem to recall you were waiting to get your hands on a BLK-something. Did you ever get one? Silly question, I guess.

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Yes..its a very silly question

10. drP

That's right Michael: i ordered the H12 in best with a mock horn handle, but after a few days i got mail from Vanessa that the brush wasn't available...according to Vanessa they are in stock again in january 2008.
    So i'm not ordering a BLK12, since this has the same loft as the BK12.

11. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I thought about a 12, but my 8 is quite large, so I can't imagine what a 12 would be like! I have a BLK2 on it's way - to keep my avatar (4) company. :D The horn is tempting though!

12. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

I have 14 brushes and no stand.

However, I only bought my first brush in September so it'll take me a while to catch up. :)

13. IKE

IKE New Member

Thanks for the replies gents.

I used the new boar Omega this morning and I really like it.....moreso than my C & E BB and Tweezerman.

It easily produced mountains of foamy lather using good ole $.97 Williams cake soap, I like the way the brush feels on my face and I really like the large brush size.

Ike

14. Will

Will Nevermind

:sihns011

You were doped into buffoonery.

15. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Such shenanigans! Curse those dastardly doers of evil deeds! :rofl