Gourmet Burger, Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Michael, May 20, 2007.

1. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Ground Turkey
    Cayenne
    (just a little)
    Chili powder
    Garlic powder
    Onion powder
    Paprika
    Salt & Pepper
    Chopped fresh basil
    How much? Beats me – I don’t need no stinkin’ measurements!

Melt some goat cheese (or other) on top
    Lettuce
    Tomato
    Mix 1 Tablespoon mayo + ½ tsp Dijon mustard + chopped chives and spread on bun (I actually have no idea, but that should be about the right ratio of mayo to mustard)

Awesome! And except for the mayo and white flour bun, it’s not even bad for you!! Just thought of this…next time, I’ll have to sauté some onions! Wish I’d thought of that last night!

Enjoy! :drool

2. commah

commah New Member

If you're ever in Los Angeles, go to a place called "Hamptons Gourmet Burgers", and get the "Foggybottom" burger. It's a whole weat bun, 1/3lb all beef patt, with a generous dollop of peanut butter, and an equally generous slathering of Sour Plum Jam. One of the best burgers you'll ever have, and while you're there, you're likely to see the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Steven Spielberg, David Geffen, Paul Newman (he's a minority owner), Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson, Kid Rock, and a whole host of other Hollywood celebs.

3. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Sounds pretty wild...I never heard of a PB&J burger!

4. With all due respect, if it's not made out of parts of a dead cow, it may be healthy, exotic, and delicious, but it's not a burger.

A good tip for an extra special burger is to grind some hanger steak into your meat mixture.

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I go for the old fashioned way.

Freshly Ground Chuck Roast - @ 20% Fat
    Lay it out flat on wax paper.
    Sprinkle with salt & pepper
    Mix gently by hand
    Make 1/3 - 1/2lb patties. Try not to press too hard.
    Put a dimple in the middle of the patty.
    Grill it to perfection.

Add condiments, seasonings, etc of your choice.

P.S. Sorry, I know ground turkey is supposed to be good for you and stuff but I can't stand the taste of it for some reason unless it is in turkey chili.

6. Will

Will Nevermind

Turkey??????????????????

THAT IS NOT A BURGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I can not DIE from eating it it is not a BURGER! :rofl

7. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Yeah well, I've tried turkey "burgers" (you should pardon the expression) before and thought they sucked. This one was really good so I decided to share. I'll know better from now on...around here anyway.::

8. Will

Will Nevermind

It's OK

Some of us around here may not be Meat eaters, BTW I would love to hear some Kosher Dishes, JEFF BOUBIE! bust out the Gefilte fish :D

9. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Hmm... true it might not be a real burger, but considering I don't eat beef any more, this one might be worth a shot!

10. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Wait, wait, wait...you're from TEXAS and you don't eat beef???!! :eek: I wouldn't spread that around the neighborhood if I were you! You can be ::ban for such heresy, ya know? Can you even BUY turkey in Texas?

11. True story-

About ten years ago, I was at a bbq at an old college buddy's house. My friend's a great guy, but before I knew it, I was surrounded by his wife's Bierkenstock wearing, anti-everything, nut job friends. They even set up a separate grill for meat (for me and my beaten down buddy) so as to not contaminate their food, which appeared to consist mainly of flax seed and dirt.

Needless to say, they looked at me as if I were wearing a freshly clubbed baby seal around my neck, and treated me with opprobrium. Fortunately, Mrs. Shlongini was attired in enough leather to keep them at a safe distance, but occasionally one of them would feel compelled to strike up a conversation.

As I explained to one of the young, eager minds of mush that although the notion of electric cars is fine, over 75% of electricity in the country comes from (cough) coal or (gasp) nuclear, I would toss bits of my juicy, delicious burger into the air. My friends dog would jump and catch it mid air, then howl with delight. Not to be outdone, this particular young lady said "You really should try the tofu burgers", and with that, threw a piece of her sandwich into the air.

Now if my friend's dog is anything like mine, his top ten meals probably include bugs and vomit. But what happened next defies belief- the dog leaped into the air, and when he came within 6" of the food, he reared back and twisted away midflight. The burger hit the ground, the dog sniffed it, and walked away.:rofl

Anyone who has ever watched the twilight zone knows that you should follow your dog's better judgement.

12. Will

Will Nevermind

"wearing a freshly clubbed baby seal around my neck"

I did not know eating meat was an Albatross :rofl

13. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

If beef is good enough for Sam Elliot, it's good enough for me. :D Seriously though, I eat pretty much anything. I mean hiyayako (cold tofu) is one of my favorite appetizers. I'm all for healthy eating. Last night was steamed vegetables and rice bowl. I have even eaten tofu burgers and been OK with that. There is just some flavor in ground turkey that turns me off. Tuna casserole does the same thing. There's just something about a slab of red meat grilling on the BBQ though. It must be the call of the wild.

14. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Beef is definately good enough for me, I love the stuff... as a matter of fact I love it too much! lol

I chose to stop eating red meat for diet/health reasons. I cheat every now and then and throw down a good ol' double cheese burger, just not like I used to. The rest of the time I opt for fish or chicken.

15. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

It's okay, Rich...tuna casserole does that to EVERYONE! :D

16. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Moderation in everything.....
    except for shavery ;)

Im not the best of eaters but I do try to mix things up.
    I dont eat steaks everyday nor do I eat tofu everyday.
    Its working so far.
    Im pretty healthy and if I can ever work some exercise into my schedule.......

17. _JP_

_JP_ Searching for a Forum title

+1

It's just a burger substitute. To quote Clara Peller, "Where's the beef?"