Grab bag

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jbcohen, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

There was a period where I left TSD for a while as I had some serious PC problems to resolve before I could get back on-line let alone to TSD. When I left for a while there was a grab bag, what ever became of the grab bag? I have some items that I had intended to put back in once it came around again.

2. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Haven't seen a pass in a good long while.

3. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

I mailed it back to peacefrog so he could send it overseas but I have not heard or seen from him since. I hope all is well. Thanks Tony for getting me in on it, it was a lot of fun :) I remember well trying to rearrange everything to fit back into the box, haha

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

So now I know who absonded with the box.

5. hoglahoo

Not really - for all I know he passed it on without telling anyone. And since he was the guy who started it, it's not like anyone who put anything in lost out

Anyway maybe we should start another

6. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

You got my vote of support.

7. hoglahoo

Me too - I've got gobs of soaps and creams I'll never get to, but no solely DE stuff unfortunately :( - do I need to get a moderator's blessing before I start making a list of participants?

8. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Wouldn't think so but would leave the question open for at least 24hrs before you assume any answer to the question.

9. Will

Will Nevermind

Well you could PM me, wait a few weeks, have me discuss it in the mod forum and wait until the vote is in.

Or you could just go for it. :cool:

10. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

:(

I like this idea a lot better! :D

11. hoglahoo

[21 Oct '09 Edit: Some things have changed. Please see the latest threads for updated info :) thanks]
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Well alright then!

On April 11th I'm going to send out a box of goodies to the next person on this list. Then they will take whatever they want out of the box and replace it with a similar amount of goodies from their own stash. Then they ship the box to the next person on the list.

To get on the list, send me a pm or simply post something in this thread like "count me in" and I'll put your name on the list in the order I received your message. I'm going to plan on sending the box to Europe first this time as long as enough of you sign up. So unless you say otherwise I will assume you are in the US. After it has gone around to a few of you then send it back to this side of the pond and we will keep it going. If there are enough folks and interest then perhaps the list will never end :)

My better sense requires me to stipulate that you've been a member for at least a month when sign up and that you've posted in the forum somewhere by that time.

I'll do my best to fill up what I consider to be a small or medium sized US priority box - let's try to keep the shipping reasonable :D

The List

----------
    JAPAN
    JimR

USA
    djwurm
    jbcohen

Please give your shipping address to the name on the list above yours.

* The list will be updated as the thread grows as I will not be able to come back and edit this post forever *
    (It appears I can edit this post forever! - 29 July '09)
    (wow, perpetual edit capability! - 17 June '10)

12. JimR

JimR Active Member

Can We add Japan to the list of damn furrin countries? Let's get this puppy around the world!!!

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

will they send to me? (Just joking!) :D

14. Truckman

Truckman New Member

only if I'm next on the list after you so I can snag whatever wonderful goodness you put in! :D :rolleyes: :happy102

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ahhhhhhhhhh, ok! :D

16. hoglahoo

If you don't live in N or S America, you live in (Japan counts as) Europe

quoth the hoglahoo

17. JimR

JimR Active Member

Aaahhhh....so why can't I get a good stout?

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    helpful advise.......maybe :o

Remember folks, Priority Flat Rate Shipping boxes are your friends. Get them online or at your local Post Office FREE.

There are 3 sizes now.

The small is rubbish, don't bother.

The medium/regular (11" x 8.5" x 5.5") costs $10.35 at the PO or $9.85 online to ship.

The Large (12" x 12" x 6") costs $13.95 at the PO or $13.50 online to ship.

Those are domestic shipping prices. International costs more, of course.

Printing online is easy. Plain printer paper works just fine.
    Flat Rate boxes don't require you have a scale or weigh the package.

USPS.com

19. djwurm

djwurm New Member

sent a pm, please put me on list. I have tons of blades and creams to donate.

20. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I would suggest something here. The cash value of what ever is in the box should remain the same or increase from the time that you recieve it to the time that you send it out. Ebay or the original maker of the items are good judges of what the cash value of items are. Let me give an example, I have three items for the box, I am going to look at ebay and see what the items are are going for as well as one of the items I will look at the web site for the original maker and see what the item sells for. I will total up the value, which tells me how much I can take out. Hogaloo can also figure in the cost of the box since he bought it.

My pop worked for the Postal Service for fourty years and taught me a lot about the Postal Service and the only thing I can add to what Queen of Blades has said is that any box will do, it does not need to be a Postal Service box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.