Grandfather's watches and pocket lighter

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by JBSharp, Dec 8, 2015.

1. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

Started our Christmas celebrations with a trip to my mom's this weekend. She had some more of my granddaddy's things set aside for me, which I'm always glad to have.
    IMG_20151207_101448274.jpg
    None of it is high dollar value but it means the world to me. The lighter is very cool, a common Ronson Standard with an enamel finish, complete with box, papers, and an extra flint brush. The date range is anywhere from 1928-1953, based on what I've found; hopefully I can narrow the date more. The mechanism works and I'm going to try to get it flaming again. I found a site that does repairs if it's beyond my skills.

The Timex square-faced watch works and I've been wearing it, even though I quit wearing watches several years ago. It's tough to date and I haven't seen one online exactly like it, which is curious. I'm guessing 1970's, based on the styling. It's manual & self-winding, but doesn't have any markings I'd expect to find on most modern watches (water resistant, shockproof, etc.) The band was gold-tone but has worn almost completely to the base metal.

The Bull's Eye pocket watch is a base model in nice shape; this one is probably from 1957-59. The round Timex is a 1968 model, with a 21 jewel movement; the face and number markings are interesting to me. These two watches wind but don't run. I want to get them running but it may not be worth the cost. Just love these things and wanted to share them somewhere. Thanks!

2. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

That's a great way to hold on to your love for your Dzia Dzia (grandfather in Polish). My grandson loves all my shaving gear and watches. My wife will hold them after I pass to give to him when he's old enough to really appreciate them.
    Treasure the memories!

... To be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

JBSharp and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  3. Alejandro S

Alejandro S Active Member

Those are great, glad to see them being passed down.

JBSharp and Mr. Shaverman like this.