Grating different soaps together?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by MR41, Feb 6, 2018.

1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried grating different soaps together in the same container?

Jorvaljr and TobyC like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I really didn't grate different soaps, but I did melt some different soaps together. I had some orange menthol soap I made, and added three different types of Dirty Deeds soaps from leftovers when fitting them to tin containers. The pucks I made from them still have an orange menthol scent to them, but whip up a much better and thicker lather.

MR41, TobyC and M14Shooter like this.
  3. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

I had a bowl filled with soap remnants.

It was frankensoap . Worked well but scent was strange.

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I forgot about this. When I finished the shave cream sample's from @Vlasta, I mixed them altogether. I haven't used it yet, but the combined scents actually came out good.

Vlasta, MR41, TobyC and 1 other person like this.
  5. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I had a bunch of Mama Bear samples, all in flowery scents. I melted them all together.

MR41, TobyC and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  7. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

I've mixed soaps of all kinds, even added things like Irish Spring and "moisturizing" bath soaps to the mix. Usually get very good shaving soap with less scent than any of them had by themselves. I do it just to use up leftovers, but I've never had one that didn't shave well.

jimjo1031 and MR41 like this.
  8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I’ ve 2 Haslinger pucks and a Snake Bite puck( all well used) I’m thinking about putting together. They’re all good soaps on their own, I’m thinking they might go together well.

TobyC and jimjo1031 like this.
  9. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I have the same thing. The scents in it blend together surprisingly well, but the more of the odds and ends you add, the entire thing becomes more and more muddled up.

TobyC, MR41 and jimjo1031 like this.
  10. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

No, never tried that.

MR41 likes this.
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Just Don't molest the Williams like that.

A lot of folks smash up left over bits of different soaps together. I don't think I have heard of it being done on purpose....yet.

MR41 likes this.
  12. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

I had a blue willie!

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Hope they have meds for that.

MR41 likes this.
  14. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

I used it, not that great, the only Williams I've used.

wchnu likes this.
  15. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I did it. I grated two 1/2 Haskinger pucks and 1/2 a snake bite puck together and packed 'em in my Tabac dish. They smell great. All three lather well in they're own right; I think they're gonna be great together-mentholated Haslinger! Jump on that ya'll!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    PLAla likes this.
  16. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I do it all the time. It gets interesting when you mix a cream with a soap. I tried it with MDC and TOBS Rose. It came out great.

Hodge likes this.
  17. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I'd have never thought of that. In what proportions do you mix soaps and creams?

18. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

I've put samples of creams and croaps in with puck soap, didn't do any math, just used up whatever was at hand. I lather on top of my soap in my soap container, and it works just fine.

MR41 likes this.