Great BBQ today.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Scruffy1, May 11, 2008.

1. Scruffy1

Scruffy1 New Member

We did our annual lawn aerating today and the 5 other couples came over for dinner after we were done. I picked up a 8lb Pork loin and did a salt and pepper rub and put it on the BBQ on the lowest (200degrees) and let it cook for 4.5 hours, I also made a spicy corn salad with jalapeno's. mmm mmm mm After my cooking chores were done before everyone arrived I raked in compost on my lawn.
    After being sweaty all day I figured that I better jump in the shower and have a "quick" shave, Wilkinson Sword soap with a dab of Headlube (my favorite now) with my Merkur HD and Crystal blade.

Favorite part of the day, dunno:

1) Great start to my lawn. (I'm anal on my lawn)
    2) Great meal shared by good friends & good beer.
    3) GREAT shave.

Guess I had no favorite, it was just a good day!

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Sounds like you had a grea time, scruffy1, we might have to do a lil get-together at your home very soon :D

3. Scruffy1

Scruffy1 New Member

Let me know and I'll fire up the BBQ. :)

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Ahhhhhhhhhhh life is good! :happy069

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Sounds like a great day, Bryne!

6. What were you drinking ?

7. Scruffy1

Scruffy1 New Member

I started out with Alexander Keith's ale but one of the guys brought something called Dreadnaught which was very tasty!

8. Scruffy1

Scruffy1 New Member

I bought my first brand spankin new BBQ today. Almost 40 and never had a brand new BBQ before, so I think we're going to invite a couple of couples over this weekend for BBQ'd ribs (my specialty) and movies in our theater room. :)