Great budget razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Harold CY, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Harold CY

Harold CY Member

So today I received a couple of new DE razors. I thought I'd give Cadet razors from shaveabuck.com a try. I ask you friends some feedback prior to purchase and finally I decided for the price, I'll give em a try. I received the TP-43 OC and the TTO-16. Fit and finish are actually pretty nice. So I loaded up the OC w/ a new Astra and wow!! An aggressive OC but a great shaver. So if you're looking for something new and not wanting to break the bank, I would definitely try a Cadet. I own several razors both modern and vintage. This will definitely be in the rotation.

2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thanks for the review Harold, I'm a big OC fan this is good info. :)

AGHisBBS, Jayaruh and Harold CY like this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I really like my tto14. It's a great razor. I'm glad there back.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The Cadet OCs are beautiful razors. I had the opportunity to try one a while back and found them too aggressive for me. If I want aggressive, I have my Gillette Old Types. I am glad you like them. They are a bargain if they work for you.

5. Harold CY

Harold CY Member

I'd like the chance to try some vintage OC razors. I just haven't ran across any in the wild yet.

AGHisBBS and Jayaruh like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The Old Type Gillettes are pretty aggressive. I believe that is because the blades made today are a different specification to blades that were produced for the OTs. However, the Gillette NEWs are very good shavers both short and long comb. Then you have the Senators and Sheratons which are TTOs. I don't have either of those. I think they were the last of the Gillette open comb razors. Old types and NEWs can be found in the wild if you look.

AGHisBBS likes this.