Great Flea Market Haul-7d straight set

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Dslazar9, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I found some great str8's at a Flea Market in Ann Arbor, Michigan over the weekend. It's a 7d straight kit and it only cost me $75. I feel like a thief.
    I'm pretty sure this kit has been altered as they are supposed to be all the same razors. The brown one is really nothing special. The HMC Cutlery razors are from New Bedford, Mass probably 1940's or 50's. The Wade Wingfield Rowbotham Sheffield razors were made between 1830's-1850's! They are in great shape and I think the real gem in this set. I welcome input from anybody that knows anything about these razors, or has ever shaved with one of the. I'm sure sure where the pouch fits in to this. It's either the New Bedford or Wade/Winfield razors-probably the the New Bedford as it just looks newer than mid 19th century.

Attached Files:

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Very cool score! :cool: :happy088 :happy088

3. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Very nice!

4. JAWilliams

JAWilliams Member

Well we don't want you to feel that way. So I will give you $80 then I can feel that way and you will feel better.:D:happy102:happy108

5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:D :happy088

Great find Danny!

6. Tforc

Tforc Member

keep calm keep calm pay walk dont run

Bravo Bandit did you keep calm as you walked away or start skipping along singing? Sweet haul.
    B

7. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I walked away calm. My wife is an antique collector/dealer so skippng and singing would definitely be against her standard of appropriate flea market behavior. As soon as I was out of site and earshot however......

The guy selling them kept telling me they are valuable because of the Whales on the scales (hey that rhymes!). A quick google would have told him that the non-whale razors were from the 19th century.

8. Hank

Hank Active Member

Cool find indead

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Sweet find Danny and heckuva deal. :happy088

10. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

You thief you...but a lucky one. Great addition to your Den.:happy096

11. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    You found some good ones

The HMC's are a real quality American shaver

H.M.C. Cutlery, New Bedford, Mass.,1916-1957.
    The company was founded by Henry M.Christensen in 1889.
    The company was sold in 1905. The name was shortened to H.M.C. in 1916. Went out of business in 1956-1957

The Wingfield I have only touched one of those over the years IIRC I had to switch around the Ivory Scales on it and hone it.... That has been some time ago