Greater Pacific Northwest meet **Sat. Sept 13th in Seattle**

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by MattCB, Jul 22, 2014.

1. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

Friends and fellow wet shavers; it’s time for a get together of the Greater Pacific Northwest wet shave enthusiasts. We are trying to get together fellow wetshavers from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Northern California, and Western Canada. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to attend.

Join us Saturday, Sep 13th, at 11AM at FADOs Irish Pub. Fados features a full menu and a great beer selection.

Address is: 801 1st Ave, Seattle, WA 98104

Join your friends for a fun filled, educational afternoon of all things related to razors and shaving.
    Some of the topics covered will be honing, stropping, maintenance of your equipment, and restoration tips and tricks.

Bring your razors, your brushes, your loom or whatever it is. If its shave related we want to see it. Show it off or get a second opinion. Make us jealous.

Bringing friends who are interested is encouraged. You do not need to be a forum member to attend.

Selling and trading allowed.
    Hoping to see you there.
    Need directions? Have a question? Shoot me a PM and I will get back to you ASAP

I know I have not been overly active on this forum, but there is only so much time in the day :) I wanted to spread the word as far and wide as possible!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    MoAllen likes this.
  2. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Nice place for a meet-up; the food and atmosphere were great when I was last there. Too bad I'll be unable to attend.

3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Sounds fun. I don't think I'll be driving up from PDX for this, though.

4. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

I made it to Fados a few years back, food was great. As far as making it up from PDX, I know the AmTrack goes up to downtown Seattle. Just a thought. My folks have used it to come up and visit and not deal with the 3 hr drive.

5. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've used amtrak numerous times. Definitely won't be attending. I'm sure it will be fun.

6. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

I have been asked what the parking situation is like in downtown Seattle. The meet will be the day after the Mariners game, so no issues there.
    FADOs itself has a shared common lot behind the pub and on street parking. http://www.fadoirishpub.com/seattle/directions/

There is also a parking garage across the intersection that charges $6 for 10 hours on weekends.
    http://seattleparking.spplus.com/Sea...e-Parking.html

There is no rush to decide if can make it or not, I'm in the process of trying to get some goodies together for drawings, raffles, door prizes or whatever term you want to use. So don't make up your mind until you see the goody list:)

7. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

Quick update: Have a donation of 8 razors for honing practice and as giveaways. Three vendors have also committed to donating some door prizes and goody bag gifts. Looking good so far :)

8. nascarfandan

nascarfandan Active Member

My wife and I are bbq judges and were up there just last weekend for a competition. Will have to think about making the trip back up there. Sounds like fun though.

9. Barrylu

Barrylu Well-Known Member

That makes 3 of us from PDX. Perhaps a southern GNW can be arraigned?

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  10. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

Portland was a close second for location. I had more interest expressed for the Seattle area. However, I would be more than willing to attend a meet-up in PDX at some point. Depending on this goes in SEA, maybe next year I can set it up for PDX. I have a few friends I PDX and my folks are a few hours south in Lebanon.

11. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Will be there, the wife is looking forward to Shopping, Food, and Meeting old friends while we talk about Steel, Stones, Brushes, and Lather...

If you have interest in learning to hone, these meets are a great place to get some hands on help

macaronus and MattCB like this.
  12. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

Less than a month till the meet up. Here is a quick update. 13 confirmed, 6 maybes, and a few possible guest. I expect to get a few more confirmations in the coming weeks as well.
    Currently have 6 vendors donating items to give away and 8 razors donated to practice honing. There are a few more things in the works as well. Hope to see you all soon.

13. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

The countdown is on! 6 days and a wake up until the meet up. I thought I would start wetting your whistle with some of the items you will be seeing.
    First up are the donation straights for honing practice. These have had a basic cleaning, pin tightening, and still have oil on them from storage. Some of them are not too bad, some are great for beginners, and some are just plain ugly but they will all be great to practice with.

upload_2014-9-7_20-12-9.png

*These razors are not being raffled away, but will be available for a SMALL donation that will go towards the tip for the service at FADOS. Newbies and peoples who actually honed the razor will have dibs. Details can be worked out on site.*

14. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

Next up: So we are going to be honing a bunch of razors right? Well then we may need some tools to help speed up that learning curve. None of these are necessarily required, but have proven helpful to many folks over the years.

upload_2014-9-7_20-13-4.png

*Kits (DMT card, tape, loupe, sharpie) will not be coming home with me and will be raffled or given away at the meet*

This will be updated daily up till and including the day of the meet. Stay tuned!

macaronus likes this.
  15. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Can we still learn to hone if we don't own our own stones?

16. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Oh yes :) I am bringing quite a few of mine, and I am sure others will too..

17. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Cool...how hard is it to remove pins?

18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Oh please say you guys are meeting at a starbucks! :)

Slow Joe likes this.
  19. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

Our first donation comes from John at LA Shaving Soaps. LA Shaving Soaps was kind enough to donate 2 tubs of soap (Topanga Fouge’re and Vanilla/Eucalyptus/Mint), two shaving brushes, and a TON of samples of his shaving soaps.

upload_2014-9-8_16-45-5.png

20. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

This looks like fun. Y'all will have a great time.

I understand that this includes several different forums too.