Grits what do you do with them?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Ragnost, Mar 22, 2011.

1. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Cursin' is seasonin'!

2. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

Yep! She hates to cook um but I love eatin um!

3. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Grits: Food of the Gods!
    As a born and bred son of the South, I love grits, and could and have eaten them for any meal. I'm not sure about those who mentioned adding suger. Proper seasonings include butter, cream, chicken stock (only for lunch/dinner grits), salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Them there is good vittles! :cool:

4. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

\\

Ok, ok, ok, ok......Just got an early Father's Day gift from a family member with a wicked sense of humour. GRITS SOAP...REALLY, I'VE GOT PICTURES I see a whole new line of shaving soaps, bath assessories, and well you imagine the rest:pot:happy097

Attached Files:

5. NoahG

NoahG Member

I read the title of this as "Girls what do you do with them". That just takes this thread in a whole other direction. I've never liked grits, but I don't think I've ever had them made well, mostly just for a field breakfast in the Army and then I just used them as a vehicle for loads of butter, syrup and jelly to get my sugar fix for the day. I think I might like them though if they were made with bacon and cheese.

6. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

mmmm But what things don' go well with bacon a cheese. Like anything really unless you take it to extremes but then even a bacon cheese cookie would be great. :D

I don't mind grits i just always would rather have something else so never have them.

7. JAWilliams

JAWilliams Member

Take grits make them, then walk over to wall and fill in hole and paint over them.

8. helowrench

helowrench Member

now you guys have me thinking about fried catfish (whole) and grits.

hushpuppies are for throwing at the neighbors dogs.

9. Brian

Brian Active Member

I was told G.R.I.T.S. were Girls Raised In The South... I prefer them to the stuff that they give you in the bowl, but since I've been down here for as long as I have, they are starting to grow on me (sort of like mold)... Still prefer cooked oaks.

But to make them half way decent, I put butter and maple syrup on them. Yummy, covers the taste! Sort of like cooked oats minus the milk and not as tasty.

10. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

11. jrocker

jrocker Member

I saw the title of this thread as "girls what do you do with them"

12. MRast01

:sihns011

....might have put that near future dinner plan, might would be tonight, but Wed. is "Q" night with my bible study group.

13. MRast01

Grits and G.R.I.T.S. are both excellent choices and I'm glad to have both! :happy108

14. chillipepr

chillipepr Member

I love both kinds, grits and G.R.I.T.S, I kinda like them both a little spicy though...

15. MarkStar

MarkStar Well-Known Member

Every time you guys bump this thread, I have to go make some grits. Sheesh, give me a break, will ya', it's 3-something in the morning. Well, I guess I know what's for breakfast...

:D

16. battle.munky

I used all the grits the last time this got bumped and forgot to replenish my grit supplies.....Now I'm jonesin for some grits and got none.

17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sounds like reason enough for me for a Father's Day Breakfast at Cracker Barrel :D

18. SRD

SRD Well-Known Member

Grits, eggs, country ham and homemade buttermilk bisquits for breakfast this Father's day morning!:happy108

19. battle.munky

You are right! Father's day needs to happen more often so I can remember to wield it's power better; I forgot I have super powers today :D

20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave