Guaging Interest: "The Mantic Videos" on DVD?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by mantic, Dec 6, 2007.

?

"The Mantic Videos" on DVD?

Poll closed Dec 13, 2007.
  1. I might buy it

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. I would definitely buy it

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. mantic

mantic U TOOB

I've been experimenting with putting most of my videos on DVD for the holidays. These videos would be included:

• Introduction to Wetshaving, parts 1-3
    • Introduction to Single Blade Shaving, parts 1-2
    • The Art of Lathering
    • Advanced Shaving Techniques
    • Superlather
    • Shaving Brush Basics
    • Preparing for a Shave
    • Wetshaving Travel Ideas
    • Safety Razor Tips and Tricks
    • Safe Razor Blade Disposal
    • "Cant Hardly Miss" Shave Gear
    • Innovative Shave Brushes
    • The Luxury of Warm Lather
    • How to Build and Apply Traditional Shave Lather
    • Adjustable Safety Razors

Price would be approximately US$6.00, shipped. Please answer the poll if you might be/are interested. I will be posting this on a number of forums so please answer only once. Thanks.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

I'd buy it. :cool:

3. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I bet a lot of people would find it useful. Go for it!

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Depends on two things:

1) Price, not willing to pay any more than $20 shipped.
    2) Have to offer me the correct topic, I am not interested in any you have listed. Would have to offer The Art of the Straight Shave.

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

jb, I believe he said $6 shipped, see original post.

6. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

oh, sorry strike my comment about the amount. Make that just one issue, the topic: I am curious about straight shaves, just scared of them.

7. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

The first post clearly states $6 cost shipped so you're OK on that one JB. Unfortunately, your second criteria is not available and a bit narrow in scope. I would suggest maybe SRP might be offering something along those lines you might be able to enjoy.

8. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Would def buy.. If not just to give support to the cause.. Go for it!!

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

go to the straight razor forum here at TSD and read Dr. Moss's guide to straight shaving. everything you need to know is available there for you to read.

Remember straight shaving is not for everyone.

Raf

10. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Excellent idea and I will do that except I would like to see the instructions in video form, this is why I am interested in Mantic's videos. I have expressed my interest in the art of the straight razor shave to him before. I think it is a matter of how does one learn best, I think that I could learn best by seeing the art demonstrated on the TV screen. Don't mean to slight Shave Den forum members in the least its jsut that I think that I could learn this best by watching a video, where I can make the instructor repeat himself indefiently. Mantic has a great teaching technique and would preferr to stick with Mantic.

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

SRP has several videos available. Mantic does not shave with a straight. Yet:D

12. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Mark......I think it would be an EXCELLENT idea. I would DEFINATELY buy that gift for ALOT of people.

Caps are necessary to emphasize how i feel :)

13. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

What is the web address to SRP? Will check out the site.

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    straightrazorplace.com

15. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Mark, I think this is a CAPITAL idea. (Okay, so it's lame, but I like the DVD idea, definitely.)

16. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Sounds like a great idea :happy088

17. Sir Critic

Sir Critic Member

I will buy one :D. I would like to have a copy so I can view them without internet connection, and also, so I don't have to wait for them to download on my slower connection. Besides it would be a great way to introduce others to classic, wet shaving.

18. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I am with Sir Critic.

19. Sir Critic

Sir Critic Member

Any update as to what is happening; or are you waiting for money and addresses?

20. mantic

mantic U TOOB

I just sent out a "demo" DVD to a few random people who expressed interest in this thread. After I get their feedback I'll decide what to do from there.

--Mark