Guide To Safety Razors

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Jim Corbett, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Jim Corbett

Jim Corbett Member

Is there a current reference book on DE safety razors. I have found a paperback from 1995 called Safety Razors A Price Guide for $90. That seems awfully expensive for an out dated guide and I don't know whats inside as it is online. Pricing is important however what I really looking for is information. Thanks.

2. The Zook

The Zook New Member

Krumholtz has one for Gillettes, I've seen it on ebay for about $25.

3. Jim Corbett

Jim Corbett Member

Thanks. I am new to wet shaving (5 weeks) and really enjoying it. I started out with a new Merkur HD and just this weekend picked up a 57 Super Speed which I will tryout in the morning. I would like to add a couple more razors to this and searching is half the fun except I don't know what to look for. I know it is all about personal preference however if you or anyone would like to offer some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. These would be used for shaving. Thanks.

4. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Jim,

These forums are about as good a reference as can be found anywhere. Post any question whatsoever and I guarantee we'll be able to provide you with an answer that is more accurate, and definitely more up to date, than any of the reference guides. That said, I do have Krumholz' Gillette Collector's guide and his US Blade guide, as well.

5. riffin

riffin Active Member

Also check out Waits' Safety Razor Compendium on CD. It has a ton of non-Gillette razor and special sections for major brands. Some of the entries are spare just because there isn't much info on some of those razors or companies.

Until I got the Compendium, Collector's Encyclopedia and the Shave World Encyclopedia were my favorite places to go. They are still a very strong second.

6. Jim Corbett

Jim Corbett Member

Thank you. I will check those sites out.