Guitar Hero

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by IsaacRN, Dec 28, 2007.

1. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Well,

I got my first taste of guitar hero. IM HOOKED. ONly bad part is i dont have an xbox360. But boy oh boy is that game really fun. Anyone else here play it?

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I've played GH2 on PS2, and I own GH3 for the Wii.

3. seamus402

seamus402 You don't mess with Big Slim

Love it, love it, love it - I freakin love it. Played on PS2 and XBox 360 and Wii. That game rocks!!!::git

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Im really debating buying a console and the game now.....damn temptations

5. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I don't blame you.

Hey.. if you get the Wii version you and I can play against each other! Haha

6. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I have GH2, GH Encore: 80's, and GH3. All for PS2. Awesome games.

If you're into GH at all, just try Rock Band. On a whole other level.

But yeah me and my boys have a great time playing the GH series.

7. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Only problem with Rock Band is the difficulty is not quite as high.. and you NEED other people.

8. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Im looking at stuff online about Rock Band.....it looks pretty smooth...im betting you cant use the same guitar though.

9. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

You can, but not all of the Rock Band features will work. That was according to IGN when I was reading up on it awhile ago.

10. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Ken.....check out the rock band drum videos on youtube....crazy stuff

11. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Yeah I have. I think the next version of Rock Band will be even better.. but for my money Guitar Hero is still on top. So far.

12. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I dunno man....if I werent traveling i think i would go out and get them. But...the logistics of taking all this gaming stuff back to Texas when im done is ridiculous.

I laughed with my brother talking about...when i go to the airport with my guitar hero guitar in a case...and ill look like a rocker.

13. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

GH3 on PS3 here. It rocks!

14. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

I became disillusioned by GH after about two weeks. I'll admit that it is an extremely fun and addicting game, I find it really hard to rationalize spending that much time mastering the game when I could use that same time to actually learn guitar, or practice my piano or trumpet.

Thats just my 2 cents.

15. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Tell you what....after playing for 4 hrs today....i dont think ill ever get to the hard lvl. Medium is capping me out atm

16. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Keep at it bro. Medium uses 4 of the 5 buttons. Just wait until Hard when they throw that 5th button at you, and you have to retrain your fingers to slide down the neck of the guitar at various times! ;)

Good stuff...

17. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

That was what my oldest son wanted for Christmas. Now I have to keep reminding the husband, that it is not his gift, it belongs to the son. They are both having a great time, but are still on the easy level.

Susie

18. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Same here. I'm starting to get pretty solid on the medium level. I gave hard a shot last night and didn't even make it through f'n song :ashamed001

19. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Hard will be the biggest leap for most people, because it's the first level that has more buttons used (5) than fingers available (4) so you have to retrain your fingers to perform in two different scenarios:

1) Having four fingers on GRYB (Green Red Yellow Blue)

2) Having four fingers on RYBO (Red Yellow Blue Orange)

So in configuration 1, your index finger plays the Green button, and your middle finger plays the Red button.

In configuration 2, your index finger now plays the Red button, and your middle finger plays the Yellow button (which is the button your ring finger USED to play in configuration 1) etc. etc. Once you get past that part of re-learning, it opens up a whole other way of playing... and the change from Hard to Expert isn't NEARLY as steep as the change from Medium to Hard.

Also, practice your hammer-ons and pull-offs in the Training area... once you get them down you can ROCK and do lots of the fast parts with just pressing buttons and not having to "strum" at all.

20. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I am nearly finished with Hard. For GH2 I was all the way into Expert.

GH3 is MUCH harder...