Had my first HeadShave today...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by digitaldome, May 11, 2014.

1. digitaldome

digitaldome Well-Known Member

I usually use my Classic 76 Barbershop clippers with a 00000 blade.
    It takes it down to 1/125"...real close.
    I had been thinking about a headshave for the last few weeks...Did NOT want to pull out and dust off my Mach3.
    Did my usual prep for a face shave, but used some pre-shave oil this time. Was a little leery about using a DE for my first head shave.
    Dressed up a EJ DE89 with a Gillette Sillver Blue blade, GFT Grapefruit Cream, WD 24mm SilverTip and went at it.
    Boom! I'm hooked. One nick, no weepers !
    Splashed on some Speick AS followed by some GFT Coral Skin Food and have been HeadsterBating all day... :bounce015:

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

3. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I don't know if I ever want to go back to cartridges on the dome. Good Job!

digitaldome likes this.
  4. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Nice job, my first couple head shaves were a little bloody. I also use EJ89 nice razor. Enjoy your shaving.

digitaldome likes this.
  5. fcbayern20012013

fcbayern20012013 New Member

Congrats I use a AG Teakwood to shave my head every day it took me a week to get the hand of it.

6. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Headshavers Club! ;)

7. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

nice! I usually do two head shaves a week. I think I will start doing three. I use a Merkur 42c or a 1953 ss, loaded with a personna. bbs every time. If only the face was as easy.

8. William232

William232 Active Member

I'm still doing the Mach3 on the head. I have a stack of cartridges from Costco to use up. I've noticed that since I started doing a pre moisturizing & the post AS, and painted on head lather with a quality soap the head feels a lot nicer than it used to with just the can of gel.
    Looking forward to making the switch to DE. I'll be spending more time in the bathroom than my daughter!

digitaldome likes this.
  9. William232

William232 Active Member

Lmao!