Hair Shampoo

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by m0j0j0eman, Sep 12, 2011.

1. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

I was convinced in another thread to go to bar soaps because of the lack of chemicals and the great feeling you get after using a bar soap!

Now, I'm on to hair shampoos. I have used head & shoulders refresh, which has left my scalp feeling great! Man, that great clean feeling can not be beaten it seems. But, head & shoulders...gets a bit expensive.

I am looking for something that leaves you scalp feeling clean, and hair smelling great. Any suggestions?

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I, like several folks here, use store brand Head & Shoulders with similar results to the H&S without the cost. I bought some man shampoo the other day because it has menthol in it :ashamed001: and it isn't as good as the store brand H&S.

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

A razor works for the scalp part. :)

I keep my hair very short so a bottle of shampoo lasts me months.

I have been using Selsun Blue Naturals - Arctic Energy with Menthol.

I like how it leaves my scalp feeling.

m0j0j0eman likes this.
  4. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Like Dale, I haven't had to buy shampoo in awhile, since i keep my hair short, last kind I got was a tea tree and menthol kind, can't remember the brand.
    I want to try a shampoo bar next, seems the most logical going the chemical free/less chemical route

5. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

Oh man. Menthol is a hair shampoo? +1

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

Tea Tree is a Paul Mitchell Product, we sell it at the school and use their brand for everything. It costs a little more, but you don't need to use as much of it, so it lasts for a good long time. Plus it leaves your hair and scalp feeling great, not to mention that fresh clean smell. (and for you menthol lovers out there it gives you that tingle while washing and for a good bit afterwards!)

7. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

yeup, that's it. pretty good stuff, found it on sale or I would never have gotten it though

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I use Pert Plus. They have several types for different types of hair - dry, normal, oily. I usually get the BIG bottles at BJs. A bit cheaper that way.
    Pert Plus Fresh has menthol.
    As for the scent, if I didn't like it, I wouldn't use it.

Of course, if you're like me and always have a bottle of M Bomb around, any shampoo can be mentholated - I put 4 drops in my palm, squirt in my shampoo, and away I go.

9. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

The M Bomb is the all-around awesome thing to have.

10. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

I picked up the Selsun Blue Naturals - Medicated with Menthol. Unfortunately, they didn't have the Arctic Energy. I must say, I am rather hooked on the Selsun Blue stuff, it gives my scalp a great refreshing feeling. Thanks Dale!

PanChango likes this.
  11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Cheers Dan. I'm glad you enjoy it.

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Clubman Country Club Shampoo. Great stuff.

13. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Keep my hair extra short, but I use Wal-Mart brand H&S with Old Spice.

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I use a shampoo bar- Rose of Sharon Acres Tea Tree/ Peppermint. It keeps my hair clean & reduces the dandruff. When I buy n bulk, it costs about $5.00 a bar.

15. Paul Turner

Couldn't shampoo today-no hot water.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  16. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Well, I guess there's no reason to post in the "How's your day?" thread. We already know it isn't off to a great start. Kinda blows.

Paul Turner likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

yes. I did the "cold-water shave" though. Bundled up in a sweater right now.

18. Streambrewer

Streambrewer Active Member

I use an ordinary bar of tallow soap. Occasionally I splurge a little on an actual shampoo bar, but bar soap works as well as any shampoo that I have found.

Paul Turner likes this.